IGNORED

What is the latest Atari related things you would like to see on eBay?

bob1200xl

I am considering selling some of my Atari duplicates on eBay. But, I have a lot of 8-bit things and I don't know where to start. So, what would interest you folks? If I get enough 'votes', I'll try a few items.

Now, if I get a lot of "815" and "1400XL" type responses, I will expect some big $ bids - I'm not giving stuff away. Probably best to focus on things like Happy 1050s and BASICXL carts. Or, ??...

And no, everything will go to eBay.

Bob

I am considering selling some of my Atari duplicates on eBay. But, I have a lot of 8-bit things and I don't know where to start. So, what would interest you folks? If I get enough 'votes', I'll try a few items.

Now, if I get a lot of "815" and "1400XL" type responses, I will expect some big $ bids - I'm not giving stuff away. Probably best to focus on things like Happy 1050s and BASICXL carts. Or, ??...

And no, everything will go to eBay.

Bob

If you put up an 815, set the reserve to what fibrewire paid for his, it'd could possibly go for more than that on eBay :)

I might be interested in some carts, depending on what you're selling...

Basiclly anything that isn't scanned/turned into ATRs on Atarimania. Just off the top of my head:

DiskWiz

Disk Detective

Tiny C

Bug/65

C/65

Writer's Tool

SynAssembler

Hybrid Arts, Inc. stuff

A lot of APX stuff.

Or any rare software.

OSS Newsletters.

Any Service Manuals that are nor here:

http://www.atarimania.com/documents-atari-400-800-xl-xe-technical-documents_3_8.html

Any Atari books that are not here:

http://www.atarimania.com/documents-atari-400-800-xl-xe-books_1_8.html

Allan

Programming languages interest me. Cartridge or disk.

Interesting hardware... Bit3 card... There was an EPROM programmer with a ZIF socket that went into a cartridge slot, in a brown case... I think it was metal.

Any PBI hardware that follows the PBI rules.

I'm currently trying to buy a 1450XL bare motherboard... Not cheap.

Your sale, your rules... But I tend to avoid ebay now. Too many last minute bid snipers.

A better auction model is where the auction doesn't end until there are no new bids for 24 hours. Sellers tend to get a better price and there are fewer non-paying bidders.

--

Ditto on a 1450XL PCB and Bit-3 80 column board :)

Here's some carts I'm looking for:

Walling       Aprom XL - Eprom Burner
   Gardner Comp. Cart-Clone
   Turrell       Cartridge Simulator
   Thorn EMI     Impersonator
   Frontrunner   Super Cart
   Microbits     Super Charger Cartridge
   Computer SW   Super Pill, The
   Thompson Elec Proburner
   Sunmark       R-Time
   ICD           R-Time 8
                 The Pill

Reevesoft     Diamond GOS
                 Ham Pack
   Atari         In-Store Demonstration
   Atari XE      In-Store Demonstration
   Sar-An CP     Magic Dump
   Sar-An CP     Magic Dump ][
   M.S.I.        Microprinter System 800
                 Pocket Modem
   Compu Cable   SpectraView II
   Mirage        A-D Converter

Broderbund    Sea Fox
   IDSI          Survival of the Fittest
   Synapse       Fort Apocalypse
   Roklan        Diamond Mine
   Roklan        Lifespan
   ROMOX         Bartender (The)
   ROMOX         Castles and Keys
   ROMOX         M*A*S*H
   ROMOX         Porky's
Edited by AtariGeezer
  • Like 1

bob1200XL,

Have you considered posting what you want to sell on the market place section of Atari Age? Most everyone has a PayPal account and you can just send them an invoice for the cost plus shipping and cut out Ebay and their fat commissions. Ebay will nickel and dime you and you'd be able to move more smaller items (2 of these, one of those and 3 of these) without having to create 6 different auctions with individual shipping.

Wow, you have a lot of stuff. I'd be interested in bidding on a Bacic XL , MAC65 Microsoft Basic carts. Maybe even a small lot of 1200XL keyboards. Also an 850 and an 822???

Programming languages interest me. Cartridge or disk.

Interesting hardware... Bit3 card... There was an EPROM programmer with a ZIF socket that went into a cartridge slot, in a brown case... I think it was metal.

Any PBI hardware that follows the PBI rules.

I'm currently trying to buy a 1450XL bare motherboard... Not cheap.

Your sale, your rules... But I tend to avoid ebay now. Too many last minute bid snipers.

A better auction model is where the auction doesn't end until there are no new bids for 24 hours. Sellers tend to get a better price and there are fewer non-paying bidders.

--

Where can I find this auction model? I am not married to eBay but I believe that you will get the best exposure there.

Bob

bob1200XL,

Have you considered posting what you want to sell on the market place section of Atari Age? Most everyone has a PayPal account and you can just send them an invoice for the cost plus shipping and cut out Ebay and their fat commissions. Ebay will nickel and dime you and you'd be able to move more smaller items (2 of these, one of those and 3 of these) without having to create 6 different auctions with individual shipping.

Wow, you have a lot of stuff. I'd be interested in bidding on a Bacic XL , MAC65 Microsoft Basic carts. Maybe even a small lot of 1200XL keyboards. Also an 850 and an 822???

Whoa... I'm not going to sell it all, just some of my duplicates.

There are two issues, it seems. What to list and where to list it. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Bob

Ditto on a 1450XL PCB and Bit-3 80 column board :)

I'm bidding on a 1450XL bare board right now... I can't believe where the price has gone to.

Once upon a time, someone mentioned that there were still films of the 4 layer board. I'd be willing to pay to have a copy of the films made if they could be found. Then I could get them into CAD and have a batch run off. Of course, label them as reproductions.

I'm more interested in building them rather that looking at them.

Of course, if I don't win, I have some other plans. Far enough advanced that I've started buying 1200XL case/keyboards to put them in...

--

Edited by Theoryman
  • Like 1

I'm bidding on a 1450XL bare board right now... I can't believe where the price has gone to.

Once upon a time, someone mentioned that there were still films of the 4 layer board. I'd be willing to pay to have a copy of the films made if they could be found. Then I could get them into CAD and have a batch run off. Of course, label them as reproductions.

I'm more interested in building them rather that looking at them.

Of course, if I don't win, I have some other plans. Far enough advanced that I've started buying 1200XL case/keyboards to put them in...

--

Care to say where this bidding is going on? :)

I'm looking for the GAL/PAL's at the moment...

Gonna have to start a thread of my own, but, assuming that history was changed and we had gotten the 1400xl/1450xld... what would have been next?

I'd have expected a 65816 cpu, 64K main, 256K expanded, 30 pin SIMM sockets for extended memory, Freddy, stereo Pokey, Voice, plugin replaceable modem module, (PBI) and an upgraded but backwards compatible ANTIC/GTIA. Several operating modes, 320xe mode, 320xe/816 mode, 16bit extended mode Call it the 2816XL/XE. Should have shipped in 1stQ1988.

I've been planning it for a few years. Gotta learn FPGA's or find someone who knows them to work with to make the upgraded ANTIC and GITA.

--

Hello Bob1200XL,

If I were you, I would start by posting here a listing of the duplicate items that are taking up the most storage space. Ebay has A LOT of fees when an item is sold, and REALLY cuts into any profit you might be looking for. But it does have a wide audience. But I would surmise that that same audience, or most of it, is also here. Your sales list can be here and then have reference to this list on many of the other Atari sites. Perhaps someone here can post links in some of the non-English sites in Europe to expand your perspective buyers. I would use Paypal for funds transfer. It is very safe. and person to person funds transfers are relatively cheap compared to doing it though ebay first. Personal checks would be the best, no fee there.

Good Luck !!

Edited by KLund1

I'm looking for the GAL/PAL's at the moment...

Gonna have to start a thread of my own, but, assuming that history was changed and we had gotten the 1400xl/1450xld... what would have been next?

I'd have expected a 65816 cpu, 64K main, 256K expanded, 30 pin SIMM sockets for extended memory, Freddy, stereo Pokey, Voice, plugin replaceable modem module, (PBI) and an upgraded but backwards compatible ANTIC/GTIA. Several operating modes, 320xe mode, 320xe/816 mode, 16bit extended mode Call it the 2816XL/XE. Should have shipped in 1stQ1988.

I've been planning it for a few years. Gotta learn FPGA's or find someone who knows them to work with to make the upgraded ANTIC and GITA.

--

I don't know why Atari Inc didn't make Dual or Quad POKEYs for the A8 since Atari Coin - later Atari Games, the arcade division - used both in many of their arcade games.

I don't know how reasonable it is to speculate Atari Inc would've plowed in more money on making "Super 8-bits" since they would've had the rights to turn the Amiga Lorraine chipset into a computer in 1986. And had that not panned out, they could've fallen back on the Gaza/Sierra systems which might've become more cost effective in 1986-87 as opposed to 1983-84.