IGNORED

A poll concerning new games for Atari 8 bits

gorgh

http://www.hit8b.it/poll.html

Hello, I've made a small poll to see how often do players play in new games ( let's say those from new millenium). I also wanted to know how many gamers are out there, thanks for voting in advance!

gorgh

For me I don't think the answer is so simple as that. When a new game comes out, and I'm really into it, I may play it very much for a few days, or a week or more -- as much as 2 - 4 hours a day. But once it's been conquered or the novelty wears off, I might only play it occasionally, or maybe even hardly ever at all. The same can be true for older games that I'm just discovering. Then there are games that I come back to over and over, but that is more true for the classics to be honest.

Also, when you say "play", do you mean games that I play long enough to find out they're a piece of crap and never play again, or are you talking about games I've already tested and am playing because I'm interested to play, knowing that I already like it?

Edited by MrFish

what i meant was simply running any new atari game for entertainment, i know that there are titles that absorb attention of the players for a week or so, but this poll aim in general view, homebrew gaming as it is, i didn't specify also that the poll aplies only to one game, but to whole bunch of new games that are released every year. I know that among Atarians there are people who tend to favourite old, classic games, therefore i splitted the category. I'm a game developer myslef, and was just wondering how wide "audience" is out there when it comes to new productions.

I'll post the results for 2 weeks. thanks again.

what i meant was simply running any new atari game for entertainment, i know that there are titles that absorb attention of the players for a week or so, but this poll aim in general view, homebrew gaming as it is, i didn't specify also that the poll aplies only to one game, but to whole bunch of new games that are released every year. I know that among Atarians there are people who tend to favourite old, classic games, therefore i splitted the category. I'm a game developer myslef, and was just wondering how wide "audience" is out there when it comes to new productions.

I'll post the results for 2 weeks. thanks again.

I guess in that case it's dependent upon how many homebrew games are released per year. The more are released the more I play, the better the ones released the more I reply.

I was focusing on how I play an individual game, but the example is just general of course, as it can apply to any number of games, or in a given year possibly no games at all. What I'm saying is that it's difficult to make an answer so simple when the actual facts are not so simple. I suppose I can make an estimated guess. The fact is, I love seeing homebrews, and seeing even simple development consistently happening. But I much prefer the involved productions that will almost always have a more lasting appeal.

I see, so I've learned that there are different types of gamers, i'm rather "little this one, little that one" kind of gamer.

I'm sure there are many different approaches to gaming. I sometimes take the approach you mention as well.

I voted for the second option as an estimate, "Once a week".

i said once a week, but it's more bursts of activity followed by gaps... but i play a lot of new games on several 8-bit systems so my time gets spread out. =-)

Same here, I have a 1TB drive just for emulation and it gets a fair bashing daily....Lots of systems..

Can't understand total system loyalty, why play some great games on a single system when you can enjoy hundreds of great games over various systems.

Edited by Mclaneinc

tmr: saw your demo from sundown, afair it's one of your first productions on the scene, right?

Erm... no, not sure where you got that idea? =-)

How Does This Work Again? was my first released piece of Spectrum code but Depixol was the third A8 release i've put out this year this year with the other two linked from my signature.