IGNORED

Anyone ever hack Space Dungeon?

Big_Mo

Space Dungeon's always been one of my favorite games on the 5200 except for one thing: as the game gets into later levels and there are a lot of objects and explosions happening the game really bogs down and it becomes nearly unplayable at times.

I was wondering if anyone had even hacked the game and knew the code. Seems to me that if it weren't drawing all the shrapnel of exploding objects all the time it might not slow down as much. Anyone ever try this?

• Like 1

Space Dungeon's always been one of my favorite games on the 5200 except for one thing: as the game gets into later levels and there are a lot of objects and explosions happening the game really bogs down and it becomes nearly unplayable at times.

I was wondering if anyone had even hacked the game and knew the code. Seems to me that if it weren't drawing all the shrapnel of exploding objects all the time it might not slow down as much. Anyone ever try this?

I love this game as well. One of the best ever for the 5200. They never released it for another console until the PSP. I do see the slow down, but I don't think I ever made it past lever 12. Most of the time, I don't make it to level 5. You must be awesome at it.

Most of the time, I don't make it to level 5. You must be awesome at it.

Right there with ya. I have a real love/hate thing for Space Dungeon. one of the better games on the 5200, but the difficulty ramps up so fast it takes all my inner peace NOT to fling the whole unit out the window. I'd like a hack with three "smart bombs" like Defender and a bonus every 25,000 pts. Just nuke a whole room of baddies!

There you go again with hacks...what about finishing Donkey Dong and then porting it to the 5200? :)

Granted, thanks to Dan Kramer, we now know Atari Inc did create such a beast and we hope to have it available for 3D printing soon [the next month or so].

That would be a must have. Placing two prolines in an inverted 5200 works somewhat but they always manage to twist around and break free at the worst times.