IGNORED

130XE - help diagnose please

DrVenkman

So I have a 130XE that's been in storage for 7 or 8 years. I pulled it out this past weekend and it won't boot normally, with or without a cartridge inserted. I got it to go into Self Test and both ROM banks were read, as were a startling number of RAM blocks. I plan to take it apart with my multi-meter handy this weekend, but before I go digging around blindly, does anyone have any tips or heads-up for obvious things I might be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

So I have a 130XE that's been in storage for 7 or 8 years. I pulled it out this past weekend and it won't boot normally, with or without a cartridge inserted. I got it to go into Self Test and both ROM banks were read, as were a startling number of RAM blocks. I plan to take it apart with my multi-meter handy this weekend, but before I go digging around blindly, does anyone have any tips or heads-up for obvious things I might be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

A common problem is with the 'MT' (Micron Technologies) drams. Often just remove them and put in sockets and get some new ones, say from B&C, Best, or Jameco or other. There are 16 64kx1 drams on the left side.

Or maybe someone here will do it for you.

Edited by russg