IGNORED

My 2 port died.

Charlie_

My two port died. Right in the middle of a game of Donkey Kong. The picture started going in and out and when I turn the system off and on again, I get just a black screen. Sometimes, it seems like when it is cold, or has been off for several minutes, it works fine. Once it has been on a minute or two if I turn it off it never goes back on unless it sits for a while.

I swapped all socketed chips with a known working console, no change. Any ideas? I recently lost my job of 24 years so I am not working and can't get her fixed or replaced right now. When I can though, I'd like to know what to look for. I have four ports I can use for now, but anyone who knows me knows I am very attached to my two port 5200. It has been my "Atari" console for years and years. So, this sucks.

My two port died. Right in the middle of a game of Donkey Kong. The picture started going in and out and when I turn the system off and on again, I get just a black screen. Sometimes, it seems like when it is cold, or has been off for several minutes, it works fine. Once it has been on a minute or two if I turn it off it never goes back on unless it sits for a while.

I swapped all socketed chips with a known working console, no change. Any ideas? I recently lost my job of 24 years so I am not working and can't get her fixed or replaced right now. When I can though, I'd like to know what to look for. I have four ports I can use for now, but anyone who knows me knows I am very attached to my two port 5200. It has been my "Atari" console for years and years. So, this sucks.

Sounds like a heat failure of some sort. Try running it with the case open. If it still fails then you have a troubleshooting method you can try. "Freezer spray" applied to isolated spots might help pinpoint the area where the failure is.

• Like 1