IGNORED

VJing using a real hardware

Sowden

Hey ho everyone. Just a quick side bar here, but I want to thank this community for helping me reach a goal that I've been striving to achieve. I am a VJ (VJ Pie) here in Texas and I work chiptune shows here in DFW/Austin. I have been using my tablet to emulate our beloved 800XL (along with other systems) to mix live gameplay with streaming colors and flying cubes. All going to the beat of whatever music is playing. But after looking around the forms here, I realized that I could actually implement my old Atari system I had as a kid. I found here that I could buy a composite cable that plugged right into the back of my machine with no mod addons (and just a small question. Other than implementing VBXE, is there anyway to get a better signal out of it? I'm not very good with a solder gun). Then with the help of Ray's wonderful SIO2PC plug and Aspeqt I was able to load images with my laptop that I already am using for my VJ program. The end result is this video that I made last night.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you guys since you had a big hand in making it happen. Now to get my ST working with it :-) Later guys.

• Like 6