IGNORED

Ebay shipping prices: USPS Vs. FED EX

Rev

Has anyone noticed the drastic prices between some items when using the Ebay online shipping option?

It seems Fed Ex has some really good prices compared to Usps. Im very happy with Fed Ex!

On some smaller/lower weight items, the prices seem to be closer, but alot of times Fed Ex still beats Usps.

Here is a recent comparision, from tonight actually. I can NOT believe the difference!

Ebay item: Empty Guitar Case 20lbs 46" x 18" x 5" NC to TX

Usps price: 32.25 (Parcel Post)

Fed Ex price: 13.34 (Ground)

Edited by revolutionika

FedEx has the most damaged items received among the 3 carriers. I used to receive about 100 packages a week and 50% of the items received through FedEx arrived damaged, or the box so destroyed if the item could have been damaged, it would have been. FedEx fortunately was the least used among the 3 carriers, but still I grimaced whenever I saw whatever item I had ordered was coming FedEx.

I'm not sure where you found those FedEx prices, but every time I've compared shipping, between personally mailing things, selling on eBay, or choosing shipping from a website, USPS has always been the cheapest and most reliable. Top it off with FedEx's horrible handling techniques, like kenny said, and I'll never use FedEx.