IGNORED

Season 3/ Week 22 ~ The NEW HSC ~ Kool-Aid Man

Vocelli

post-32348-0-28176900-1406556298_thumb.jpg

I wanted to play a little with my new Tac-2 controller beforing packing my Atari until weekend. :)

These past weeks I'm using mostly a d-pad - a nes d-pad.

Talking about controllers, I was surprised how weak a new model is.

My old one is very bad now, so I bought a new manufactured and I broke it playing Grand Prix in the same day I got it! :-o :_(

This joystick is very different than the old one, it makes loud 'click' sounds when you press down the stick.

I remember seeing people gently grabbing the stick as it was a pencil (AVG is one of them), holding in its edge.

I guess some hold that way only to avoid breaking those weak ones...

• Like 2

I wanted to play a little with my new Tac-2 controller beforing packing my Atari until weekend. :)

These past weeks I'm using mostly a d-pad - a nes d-pad.

Talking about controllers, I was surprised how weak a new model is.

My old one is very bad now, so I bought a new manufactured and I broke it playing Grand Prix in the same day I got it! :-o :_(

This joystick is very different than the old one, it makes loud 'click' sounds when you press down the stick.

I remember seeing people gently grabbing the stick as it was a pencil (AVG is one of them), holding in its edge.

I guess some hold that way only to avoid breaking those weak ones...

Yeah, those new clicking models are extremely brittle. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I broke 2 in the same day one time. Now I only buy used 2600 joysticks/CX-40's that are reported to be in good condition. Speaking of which, it's about time i got a couple more since mine are getting pretty mushy...anybody here selling? If not, I'll check the AA marketplace ;)

• Like 2

Still trying to figure out how to move... anyone else get stuck in the corner in the very beginning?

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2014-07-29 at 7.33.27 PM.png

Hey Wickey, I remember someone mentioning this problem last time we played this. I believe its due to a buggy ROM, so see what ROM other emu users are using this time or just try a different one if you can find it. It may also have something to do with the version of Stella you're using, but I'm not sure. But if you try two different ROMs and both are buggy, maybe try a different version of Stella. Hope this is more helpful than confusing

Edited by Gorfy
  • Like 3

only a small improvement (the book only helped a little bit)

I keep repeatedly getting to the 44000's & losing...

I like how they keep bouncing you around after the game is over :P

post-34560-0-48560200-1406691499_thumb.jpg

[edit]

@Jacob -- I don't drink Kool-Aid these days but Black Cherry was my favorite too :P

Edited by S.BAZ
  • Like 1

Woah Gorfy woah..! 70ks.... like the good ol' days :)

I tried real hardware, but I think there's a little something wrong with all 3 of my standard joysticks.

One stick doesn't go up well,

other one struggles to switch direction quick,

the other doesn't go down-angle left.

Not bad showing in these games, considering I have semi-faulty hardware. I kinda knew this during Flash Gordon,

but with Kool Aid you need all the help you can get with a good joystick. :o

• Like 1