IGNORED

Packing Tips for Ebay Atari 2600 Games

atariman2014

Greetings.

I'm from Venezuela and I'm going to start selling some Atari 2600 games that I have for some years.

Please can you give me examples (with photos) of how packaging is used by Venezuelans sellers on ebay.

Anyone who has recently purchased a game a venezuelan seller, can place a photo of unopened package?

If you can also open it and take a few pictures?

It is for have a reference of how it should be packing the games, for arriving in the best possible condition.

All benefit. You, because the prices down the exists more offer and help me sell games and provide better service.

I hope you can help me. Thank you.

I don't have pictures, but can tell you general rules.

1.ship in a BOX 30-50% larger than the games you are shipping.

2. Wrap the individual games with bubble wrap

3. Place more bubble wrap or packing peanuts around the wrapped items.

If you follow these simple rules, 99% of issues will never happen.

Good luck with your sales

Use common sense though with the bubble wrap. I've seen where sellers go nuts with the stuff until it bulges out the shipping box a bit and what happens (naturally), is the game box you're trying to protect, ends up getting squished/crushed anyway as heavier boxes get stacked atop your box. You want there to be a 'little' breathing room inside the outer box.

• Like 2

Please when someone receive a game of Atari 2600 from Venezuela, upload a photo to this issue. To see the box used by vendors and packed the game.

It's hard to get boxes of that size and it takes a long time to make them myself. It is not practical.

Thank you.

If it's not practical, I would forget shipping to the US. Practical or not, your customers are going to expect it! Edited by atari181

I have bought quite a few times from Venezuela and the only times I have been really happy with the results was with some sellers that have started using fed-ex.

The games arrived in less than a week, the boxes were not crushed and they came in a box that was provided by fed-ex...so I would assume this would be a box provided for free with shipping by fed-ex, but you would have to check this.

With quick shipping times there seems to be less chance for them to sit around and be crushed and less times for nosey customs agents to rip everything to pieces.

Shipping seemed to be only a little more this way than regular prices I paid in the past and I know I am happy to pay a bit more to get items safely and quickly.

I think most buyers would feel the same way, as buying from there is usually to get nos items that are harder to find here (or at all) for nice prices...so to pay a bit more to ensure safe quick delivery is very worthwhile for both seller and buyer.

As for packing in the box, like others have mentioned similarly....I recommend about 2 layers of bubble wrap with the rest of the box filled with the fluffiest/softest foam peanuts, but not overstuffed with them.

good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought quite a few times from Venezuela and the only times I have been really happy with the results was with some sellers that have started using fed-ex.

The games arrived in less than a week, the boxes were not crushed and they came in a box that was provided by fed-ex...so I would assume this would be a box provided for free with shipping by fed-ex, but you would have to check this.

With quick shipping times there seems to be less chance for them to sit around and be crushed and less times for nosey customs agents to rip everything to pieces.

Shipping seemed to be only a little more this way than regular prices I paid in the past and I know I am happy to pay a bit more to get items safely and quickly.

I think most buyers would feel the same way, as buying from there is usually to get nos items that are harder to find here (or at all) for nice prices...so to pay a bit more to ensure safe quick delivery is very worthwhile for both seller and buyer.

As for packing in the box, like others have mentioned similarly....I recommend about 2 layers of bubble wrap with the rest of the box filled with the fluffiest/softest foam peanuts, but not overstuffed with them.

good luck :)

In the box you mention of Fedex. They came various games?

The problem I have is when sending a single game. Fedex does not have such small boxes.

The smallest box Fedex shipments are for 1 Kg. In Fedex does not have boxes. They get very few cases, almost nothing.

Can someone upload a photo of when forwarding an Atari game sealed from Venezuela?

Only one.

Thank you.

No the last one I got was for 1 game. The box was probably about 15 inches by 12 inches by 4 inches.

Probably a little bigger than it had to be but it also allowed for packing material and is probably why the game arrived safely.

And I am almost certain it was a fedex produced box. Sorry I did not save it. If I get another item from there I will take pictures but I have not ordered from Venezuela in a little while and have nothing coming.

What is the 1kg fedex rate to send from there to the U.S.?

:)

No the last one I got was for 1 game. The box was probably about 15 inches by 12 inches by 4 inches.

Probably a little bigger than it had to be but it also allowed for packing material and is probably why the game arrived safely.

And I am almost certain it was a fedex produced box. Sorry I did not save it. If I get another item from there I will take pictures but I have not ordered from Venezuela in a little while and have nothing coming.

What is the 1kg fedex rate to send from there to the U.S.?

:)

I am not yet informed on prices. Although it is very difficult to establish the amount in dollars. By exchange controls in Venezuela. There are 4 different prices for the dollar.