IGNORED

5200 Tempest Bug?

discotronic

Ordered Tempest from the AtariAge Store and got it in yesterday. This game shines with the Trak-Ball.

A couple times between levels I either got shot or grabbed by one of the monsters. This happened as the level was phasing out. When it happens it is at the point where you can't see any of the enemies but you are still firing and can still move. I'm not sure if it happened on the same level each time. Hopefully that makes sense.

Has anyone else seen this and is it normal or possibly a bug? I did a search of the forums but didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

Stupid question: Are you sure you're not hitting Spikes on your way out of levels?

You might be on to something. I didn't think about the Spikes. It is possilble that is what is happening. I will try again this evening and see if that might be it. The problem is when it happens the tube has pretty much disappeared so there is no way to tell what hits me.

It has been years since I have played any version of Tempest. Forgot how much fun it is and how hard it is.