IGNORED

Astrocade seller runs it ON A CARPET

Blazing Lazers

This seller, dbomb9090, had an otherwise great boxed Astrocade with the cassette adapter accessory and some games in working order:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390917531330

Anyone familiar with Astrocades will immediately note what he's doing wrong. I sent him a message about it, I await his response. Though he does mention some performance issues that could very easily be a symptom of overheating in the listing...

Edited by Blazing Lazers

That is the way mine displayed until I removed the switch box and went direct RCA to coax.

Something in those switch boxes must go really bad over time. Mine is static-free with just a small bit of wiggle consistent overall with bright, rich colors.

I never saw that cassette interface. Is that older than the Basic with the audio connector built-in?

Low pile, by the looks of it may be a berber carpet which is usually pretty firm to the touch too. So no chance of this guy sinking down in it. Seller probably hasn't run it on the floor like that for too long. That looks like he set that up for the photo only. This is one of about 3 classic systems I've never owned. Someday I'll pick one up. Not for 175 though.

I wouldn't pay $175 ($200 shipped to me) for that unit. It's difficult to tell whether the unit is running without problems because the screen is so garbled from a bad RF connection. But you can sometimes tell if a unit is failing just by spotting weird graphics on the menu screen (not talking about the garbled mess that is fixed by a reset). The box has a detached flap. Also, the BASIC adapter seems to be missing a dongle. I can't recall what it is used for (and my BASIC set is buried in storage), but it may be optional for some systems. Nevertheless, you'd probably want to have it. The newer BASIC adapters have the jacks built right into the cartridge. I've never seen that "Computer Warm-Up Instruction" sheet, however. It seems to explain why the menu garbles upon start up, requiring a press of the reset button. Wonder if that's the real reason.

It does contain foam. It should also contain a cardboard "trapezoid" that holds the controllers and fits between the foam. This auction does not include the cardboard container.

Ahh ok. Up until now I've only seen them with that trapezoid thing or with nothing at all inside the box. Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a complete one, and will make sure it has it all.