IGNORED

Issues with atarimax SIO2PC...

Gio_16bits

Im not sure what the problem is. I've installed the drivers correctly. I ran the auto setup wizard in APE. I tried loading up rainbow warrior but it gives me error line 12. I've tried loading up while holding the option key, but that just locks up the computer after it completes the transfer. I've tried playing MULE, but it keeps telling me to remove the cartridge even though I have nothing inserted in the cart slot. I thought it would have been as easy as loading up APE, selecting the game, and let it do its thing. but apparently that isn't the case...

Edited by Gio_16bits

Hi Gio,

The issues you describe are not a fault or problem with your AtariMax Sio2PC interface!

Programs that do NOT require basic: boot with option down. (In older Atari's users had to pull out the Basic Cartridge, but since that is built in atari XL/XE (not 1200XL IIRC) you can't simply pull basic out, so that's what the OPTION key does while booting.

Programs that DO require basic: do not touch the option key.

Perhaps you first should try a few other programs to get used to the process of booting and running software on your atari. In fact: it is actually quite the same as running software from a real floppy disk. (If you had those 2 games you mentioned on a real disk, you would probably get the same issues as you have now with APE)

Please don't get scared from all this, you'll learn it fast enough...

For MULE, try booting with OPTION pressed down.

For Rainbow Warrior, what error number is it reporting? It's a BASIC program; the error might be a clue as to what the problem is...

I can't find a 'Rainbow Warrior' 8-bit game. I found a ST game by that name. I found 'Rainbow Walker' 8-bit game.