IGNORED

How to Lock a Model 1 on a Model 1 CD

Rick Dangerous

Hey folks. I tried to lock my Sega CD on to my Model 1 Genesis, but apparently the plate I have is designed for the Model 2 Sega CD.

There is a locking switch on the left front of the model 1 Sega CD that i've seen...Anyone know how, or what the correct plate is to use? My model one genesis just sort of sits there and if I pick it up on the left it will raise a bit. I'd like to lock it down.

Thanks for any tips.

The feet of the genesis 1 would have me believe that it is supposed to just "rest there" but then why the locking mechanism on the Sega CD 1 left side???

I believe the locking mechanism on the left side is for the audio wire that runs from the back of the sega cd model 1, to the front of the sega genesis model 1. It just helps make it look nicer if your run your wire through it and along the left side - also helps it from hanging in front of the disc tray when it opens. I hope that helps... I can take a picture of the model 1 heat shield/plate if you want.

I believe the locking mechanism on the left side is for the audio wire that runs from the back of the sega cd model 1, to the front of the sega genesis model 1. It just helps make it look nicer if your run your wire through it and along the left side - also helps it from hanging in front of the disc tray when it opens. I hope that helps... I can take a picture of the model 1 heat shield/plate if you want.

Yeah a picture would be great. I can't believe the Model 1 doesn't lock into the model 1 cd unit, but I guess they thought of that by the second iteration of the CD unit...

The image below shows a model 1 Genesis with the correct model 1 adapter plate/shield. As you can see, it has tabs that do lock it into place pretty well - I cannot lift it up when connected.

DSC09338.jpg

For reference, here is the front left side locking mechanism being used as intended. It's unrelated to the connection of the Genesis unit.

DSC09337.jpg

Hope that helps!

Edited by Jeremy Popp
  • Like 1

The image below shows a model 1 Genesis with the correct model 1 adapter plate/shield. As you can see, it has tabs that do lock it into place pretty well - I cannot lift it up when connected.

DSC09338.jpg

For reference, here is the front left side locking mechanism being used as intended. It's unrelated to the connection of the Genesis unit.

DSC09337.jpg

Hope that helps!

AHA!!! Thank you!! Both of these are very helpful. You know i've seen the model 2 shield a few dozen times (and own two) but I've never seen the model 1 sheild. The hunt begins!!

• 2 weeks later...