IGNORED

New Vectrex Game: Protector now available!

Rob Mitchell

I just received my copy today and have to agree w/ MMF. All I can do is say WOW!!!!

Everything about this game is sweet and it's packaged very professionally. I actually brought my Vectrex into the office in anticipation of getting the game this week or next and everyone has stopped by my desk to try it out for a while. This is probably the most use my Vec has had in ages. It's been going non-stop all day.

Kudos to Alex for an excellent, unsurpassed job. If anyone else hasn't gotten this game all I can say is get one. You won't be disappointed.

I wish everyone would stop talking about how great this game is. I was out of town when he started taking orders and therefore I am near the bottom of his list. At least I was one of the first 100 that ordered it, so I will eventually get a copy. Last I heard he was down to his final 25. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. I can't wait to get it.

I was #74 so you shouldn't have much longer.

Anybody know where I can get one of those large arcade style vectrex controllers? The standard controller is a little difficult to control for this game unless I set it down and then it moves around because I get a little to frantic. :wink:

There will be a limited number made: www.vectrex.biz

Rob, that's my page and I don't make controllers :?

You want Brett's site -

http://www.jitterring.com/playvectrex/

Although, I think he's put production of Vectorcades on hold for a while.

BTW I have one and they are REALLY good - probably THE best homebrew controller ever made.

Thanks for the corrected link. I had originally looked for www.playvectrex.com which is what google returns but it no longer exists.

Apparently they have been put on indefinate hold. I knew I should have order one way back then.

Do you think it might be possible to wire an adapter for a x-arcade joystick? I've been thinking about ordering one for a while and this would just give me another reason :D .

Do you think it might be possible to wire an adapter for a x-arcade joystick? I've been thinking about ordering one for a while and this would just give me another reason  .

Yes, it's very easy - you just need to wire in resistors on the switches.

Rob, what's the values to use ?