IGNORED

Atlantis game by Intrigue

MrGonker

I downloaded the dsk image of the game and tried it on classic99 and it works ok. When I try it on win994a using the mini memory it won't let me type CALL FILES(0). It says bad command or something like that. If I load the game in ti basic it then stops with out of memory line 454. I still have the original game on tape and this would play without the mini memory module. Why does it need the mini memory on emulator?. Also I am planning on mapping this game and finally complete it. Has anyone completed this game? I'm also trying to find copies of intrigue pentathlon for ti XB but to no avail. Has anyone played that game? And does anyone know how many and what games intrigue released? I have got on tape Atlantis, Panic on the TI Tanic, Beneath the stars, Santa and the goblins, Mania, Quasimodo all which I got back around 84 / 85.

Cheers for any help.

CALL FILES(0) is illegal on a real TI. Only Classic 99 allows it. You can run the original game from tape fine without a CALL FILES statement because it does not require a disk buffer space. Below are the instructions on how to run it on real hardware with the Mini Memory module:

Use Mini Memory module
Select TI BASIC
CALL INIT
CALL FILES(1)
OLD DSK1.ATLDISK
SAVE EXPMEM2
CALL LOAD(-31888,63,255)
NEW
OLD EXPMEM2
RUN

Edited by Vorticon

You can run the original game from tape fine without a CALL FILES statement because it does not require a disk buffer space.

Now I doubt anyone would want to disassemble their TI to play a game, but if you're desperate and have an HDX card, you can get around the disk buffer space by pulling the FDC and running the program from HDX1. ;)

gallery_35324_1077_2297.jpg

you can get quasimodo off tigameshelf in the extended basic section. As for the others I have no idea how to convert them from tape to work on an emulator. I would also like them on emulator. Since all of them are basic I even thought of loading them on my real Ti and then listing and writing the code down, since I also have wonkey warlock on tape by Lantern (good game as well). The only one I couldnt write down is panic on the TiTanic as its like Atlantis in the way it loads and it uses sprites in Ti basic as well.

I used the real way to load Atlantis ok on win994a. Now i seem to have hit a snag on mapping the game, all ways are blocked with no visable exits or paths but i see some in other areas of certain screens but no access to them. At the last count i mapped 65 screens and there should be 84 in total. I think this is the reason i never finished the game cause i just couldnt figure how to get any further.

thanks for the help.

As Vorticon says, Classic99 allows the illegal "CALL FILES(0)" because for many years it ran without reserving any VDP RAM. When I changed the default to improve compatibility with larger XB software, I allowed 0 to be entered so you could restore the full VDP RAM space. :)

you can get quasimodo off tigameshelf in the extended basic section. As for the others I have no idea how to convert them from tape to work on an emulator. I would also like them on emulator. Since all of them are basic I even thought of loading them on my real Ti and then listing and writing the code down, since I also have wonkey warlock on tape by Lantern (good game as well). The only one I couldnt write down is panic on the TiTanic as its like Atlantis in the way it loads and it uses sprites in Ti basic as well.

I used the real way to load Atlantis ok on win994a. Now i seem to have hit a snag on mapping the game, all ways are blocked with no visable exits or paths but i see some in other areas of certain screens but no access to them. At the last count i mapped 65 screens and there should be 84 in total. I think this is the reason i never finished the game cause i just couldnt figure how to get any further.

thanks for the help.

Hi MrGonker, here's the original thread with instructions on how to extract the tapes to files and run them - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/158724-raising-atlantis/page-3?hl=%20atlantis

If nothing else then please make some .wav files of your intrigue tapes and post them on here as Iv'e been looking for the titles for years without success and when I get time I can add them to the TI Gamebase. PS the Quasimodo on gameshelf (as in the Gamebase) is not in English so if you have the English version then that would be helpful too.