IGNORED

Should I have bought this as a BIN ?

fabman99

In a second. I'm crying a little bit now for missing it. :_(

Since I didn't get it, I only hope schuwalker saw this and got it. He's been looking for that as long as I have.

You guys had a fair chance. I was on a business trip and was sitting in an airplane when it was listed.

Edited by Andre81

Silly me. I was at work work supporting my family. What was I thinking. I should'a been on ebay! :ponder:

It was on eBay for several hours, so everyone had the chance to grab the lot. It's not like I had inflight internet.

I have to say I was a little bit surprised that no one else had bought it.

It was on eBay for several hours, so everyone had the chance to grab the lot. It's not like I had inflight internet.

I have to say I was a little bit surprised that no one else had bought it.

You act like we monitor Ebay every waking minute. :ponder:

I did have a "Sears Games" and "Math Gran Prix" on my search emails from Ebay. This was listed (unfortunately, for me) in a game lot. Grrrrr!

Sucks, I would've easily paid that BIN just for that game.... Woe is me

Edited by schuwalker

Are red and black boxes worth equal value? What is the actual value for complete.

Several people have offered $200+ for a CIB Sears Math Gran Prix over the years, the Atari version is not rare. I think Marco offered even more a few years ago, since he still didn't have it. That's saying something, considering he has 2000+ CIB games.

• Like 1

With this game, it's all about the box. It's a sleeper rarity due to many people not caring about the title, probably a low manufacturing run from Sears, and the fact that you can get the Atari release much more easily.

Previous discussions about Sears boxed rarities and Marco's search:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/161876-your-top-5-rare-boxed-sears-games/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/106957-boxed-sears-math-gran-prix-to-complete-ntsc-collection/

There are a few Sears box variants that are very high on rarity as well, but I don't collect variants so I'm not fully apprised on their value currently.