IGNORED

First game ---Fishy

jimbox114

Still need to polish it abit but wanted to post my first game. It is obviously nothing groundbreaking or new. The game is 1 or 2 player. The goal is to defeat 4 enemy fish each with unique abilities to save the princess fish. Ok lame story but is it any worse than any other Atari 2600 story lol?

For now each fish only takes 3 hits to kill which is kind of easy. Thinking of uping that abit. Also plan to make a short little tune for boot-up at some point. I know the programming is pretty sloppy also I prob took up alot more space than I needed to.

deep.bas.bin

deep.bas

• Like 2

This is pretty good for your first game. The third fish disappears sometimes, I think that might be a bug?

I recommend you review the bB documentation on variable aliasing and sub routines. As your projects get larger you will need to make them more modular to help manage the increased complexity. It will also save you considerable amounts of work once you master writing more generic code that can be reused. Using an alias for variables will make your code a lot easier to read and debug.

Nice work! I found it really hard to hit the other fish because you have to predict how long your missile will take to hit them, which is easier if you stand still, but that makes you a sitting duck. I feel like it would be a bit more fun if the missiles moved faster, or the opponent fish had more of a pattern to its movement.