IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey in box almost complete

icemanxp300

You have a pretty nice set.

looks like it is about complete aside from some playing cards and maybe 1 or 2 pieces of notice paperwork.

most interesting thing is you have a test container box in pretty nice shape which is fairly uncommon...neat :)

if it is robot king nes that made you the offer its likely that is what he is after as most people are not aware of this variant and I don't think he goes after odyssey systems to bad anymore.

I see David winter left you a note on the auction...that was nice ;)

Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

You have a pretty nice set.

looks like it is about complete aside from some playing cards and maybe 1 or 2 pieces of notice paperwork.

most interesting thing is you have a test container box in pretty nice shape which is fairly uncommon...neat :)

Seriously I did not even notice that. I didn't even make the connection. It is only printed on one side. Wonder how much value that adds. Probably not a whole lot but it def. makes it stand out to variant collectors. If I would have know this I would have made my 1st pic w/the box turned around lol.

I was checking other auctions and none show the "test box" print. Then again they only show 1 side.

Hey,

Ah yes timmers tippy...he is one of those great sellers...haha top notch all the way

I didn't know he had switched his name and I am in no way surprised that he did after his antics.

I had noticed lonewolf on ebay and had seen him starting to fit into that same douche seller model.....why bother changing your name and doing the same thing all over again :P

Anyway, yes the test container is just a variation of the outer shipping container.

There are a few different standard versions of the outer shipping containers and then there are 2 special variants of these, 1 is the test container and the other is the remanufactured.

The remanufactured is units that are refurbished and then shipped back out from the factory for sale.

The test container I am not 100% sure on but I believe it is demo units that have been tested and then shipped back out by the factory for sale.

Just having a nice shipping container of course is nice and adds value, and of course having the tag still on it that matches the number on the unit and the production card packed inside the inner box.

Having a special version of the container would be of interest most to someone who is going to collect more than 1 unit most likely and knows a bit about them.

They are fairly uncommon and usually only a couple pop up a year. I know my test container isn't nearly that nice :)

It is hard to say how much value it would add really but it is definitely worth making note of in your listing and title and pics...if nothing else it would be something for someone to pick yours over another unit maybe.

hope that helps some ;)

• Like 1