IGNORED

FYI

jvas

Open source re-implementation of Robbo here. Haven't been able to find anything additional other than what's been seen regarding this 7800 port by Sebastian Kotek (Per the screenshot).

Screenshots for various ports [Atari 8-bit, C64, DOS] here.

The Atari ST port's screenshots are not there; however, a video of the ST port is here.

Here is a video of the Atari XE/XL 8-bit port.

Thanks for the heads-up, jvas!

Gameplay per the wiki (Thanks, Bob!):

"The game's design was partly inspired by Boulder Dash, but with the gravity aspect removed. The player controls the titular little robot through a series of planets (56 in the original Atari version), each being a vertically-scrolling maze filled with various objects and obstacles. The goal of each level is to collect all bolts scattered around, and then reach a capsule that takes the hero to the next planet. On his way Robbo must avoid deadly obstacles that include moving creatures, laser turrets, and large magnets. Various items can be found, including keys that open doors, bullets that kill enemies and destroy impassable walls of rubble, crates that can be pushed, bombs that explode upon being shot, and mirrors that teleport the hero around the level."

• Like 2

Thanks for being welcomed again Trebor :)

I dont know how but my old account disappeared

I will share rom and source files when I finish this port.

Now I am working on game play gfx routines. I think day or two and game will be ready

what is done:

- 320x1 8x8 character map from Robbo Konstruktor Atari XL/XE font file - 2 048B

- 2x 320x2 4x8 character map from Robbo Atari XL/XE file - 4 096B

- 56x 512 bytes cave maps from Robbo Atari XL/XE file - 28 672B

- PAL/NTSC Display Lists - 1 024B

- Title screen

what is to do:

- Game screen

- Game logics

- Congratulations screen

- Sound fx

- maybe HSC

• Like 4

Problem with 7800 systms is low amount of ram memory (4096+128), The game you are talking about looks for memory maze model (enemy AI works even if isnt on screen)

i dont want to make a game what needs SC RAM, just pure ROM for raw system. I think that even with extra 8kB of RAM maze would be to small :)

future plans of my 7800 dev I like to keep still in secret... I am still working on it.

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...