IGNORED

BEWARE: Power Supply for *both* Genesis and Jaguar

xucaen

His listing specifically says this adapter has "Outside positive, inside negative"

This matches the Genesis, but will fry a Jaguar!

Sega-Mega-Drive-Genesis-PAL-016-Power-Su

atari_lynx_ac_adaptor.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Adapter-Charger-for-Atari-Jaguar-or-Sega-Genesis-Power-Supply-9V-1A-5-5-2-1mm-/371032074597?pt=US_Surveillance_Cables_Adapters_Connectors&hash=item56633c2965

A genesis model 1 power works fine on the jaguar.

But that's not what this post is about. Clearly, the power supply being sold as a "Jaguar Power supply" will not work on a Jaguar. Go ahead and use your compatible Jaguar power supply on your Jaguar, but the one being sold is not compatible even though the auction title says it is.

But that's not what this post is about.

That's exactly what this post is about. The eBay seller is selling an adapter that supposedly works on both the Genesis and Jaguar. You're saying that's not possible, as they have different polarity. icemanxp300 says Genesis adapters work fine.

That's exactly what this post is about. The eBay seller is selling an adapter that supposedly works on both the Genesis and Jaguar. You're saying that's not possible, as they have different polarity. icemanxp300 says Genesis adapters work fine.

Wrong. The guy is selling a "Outside positive, inside negative" power supply and then claiming it will work on a Jaguar, which it will not.

I double dare you to plug the adapter from that auction into your Jaguar and turn it on.

I triple dog dare you.

Wrong. The guy is selling a "Outside positive, inside negative" power supply and then claiming it will work on a Jaguar, which it will not.

I double dare you to plug the adapter from that auction into your Jaguar and turn it on.

I triple dog dare you.

I'm not sure why you have such an awful attitude.

I wasn't disagreeing with you regarding the adapter being sold. I was disagreeing with the way you responded to icemanxp300. Since the adapter you linked to is not compatible, that would mean that Genesis adapters are not compatible with the Jaguar due to reversed polarity (as far as I know, all Genesis adapters are outside positive, inside negative). That would in turn make this post about the incompatibility between Genesis adapters and the Jaguar.

I just checked my Jaguar adapter and it is outside positive, inside negative. It's the same one pictured here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/Atari-Jaguar-Power-Supply-Type2.jpg

EDIT:

A quick Google search shows that the Atari adapter image you have in the original post is actually for a Lynx, not a Jaguar.

Edited by goldenegg

I'm not sure why you have such an awful attitude.

I wasn't disagreeing with you regarding the adapter being sold. I was disagreeing with the way you responded to icemanxp300. Since the adapter you linked to is not compatible, that would mean that Genesis adapters are not compatible with the Jaguar due to reversed polarity (as far as I know, all Genesis adapters are outside positive, inside negative). That would in turn make this post about the incompatibility between Genesis adapters and the Jaguar.

Oh I see, when someone disagrees with you or furnishes proof for their statements, suddenly they have a bad attitude.

I posted this thread to warn unsuspecting people of that auction. You had no reason to even post in this thread unless you had evidence that the power supply listed in that auction really is a Jaguar power supply. Posting false contrary statements and then forcing me to re-explain myself is a form of harassment. You are trolling.

Oh I see, when someone disagrees with you or furnishes proof for their statements, suddenly they have a bad attitude.

I posted this thread to warn unsuspecting people of that auction. You had no reason to even post in this thread unless you had evidence that the power supply listed in that auction really is a Jaguar power supply. Posting false contrary statements and then forcing me to re-explain myself is a form of harassment. You are trolling.

Read my post above yours. You're wrong about the auction. The adapter is fine.

Please quit hitting the report button, this is a public forum and everyone can post relevant information. And you will never be able to delete or lock anything, sorry.

And if you guys just want to argue, I would suggest doing it via PM's. ;)

Please quit hitting the report button, this is a public forum and everyone can post relevant information. And you will never be able to delete or lock anything, sorry.

And if you guys just want to argue, I would suggest doing it via PM's. ;)

Can you please change the title of this thread? OP was wrong in his accusation and it can drive people away from buying a working product.

BTW, I can't PM someone who's blocked me for proving him wrong ;)

Edited by goldenegg

I triple dog dare you.

Wow you need to relax and educate yourself.

No need to Dare me I already use a genesis 1 ac adapter on my jag and guess what it still works!!!

Would you like a video?

Here about a picture of my genesis power supply next to my jaguar power supply ( I had to open my boxed system...thanks for that). Yeah that's why I know the genesis model 1 works because I use the damn thing currently on my play system.

post-25078-0-30354000-1421619388_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I triple dog dare you.

Here you go just for you. I like the title :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrCII3bHa9E&feature=youtu.be

Just in case anyone on the forum is not aware of how the "dog dare" system works, here is a quick tutorial video:

:P

• Like 4

Hahahah. This thread was awesome.

I will say though that I recognize the form factor of the AC adapter that OP posted a link to, and while he is completely wrong about it not working on a Jag, those adapters are complete garbage. If you need an AC adapter, either buy an OEM unit or go to Radio Shack and buy a nice multi-tip universal one.

• Like 1

I was actually using a Genesis 1 power supply to power the Jag CD at the SoCal Arcade Expo this weekend as I couldn't find my other Atari branded one.

I think it's funny that Atari ripped off the Sega Genesis 1 power supply and the Radio Shack RF switch for the Jag. Probably just paid someone off to change the label at the factory. :D

Mitch