IGNORED

Grab Bag Piñata (Free Stuff!)

DZ-Jay

Welcome to the Intellivision Brotherhood Grab Bag Piñata!

As some of you may be aware, the Intellivision Brotherhood Grab Bags versions 1 and 2 have grown so big, that we've thought of splitting it into multiple "Mini Grab Bags" rather than continuing passing it along as is.

Specifically, not only does it contain some very cool stuff, it also has accrued a large amount of duplicate overlays and other common articles. Rather than letting these continue to rot, I'd like to "thin the herd" as it were, by finding loving homes for all the orphans.

To ease this effort, I've gone through the trouble of cataloguing the entire inventory, down to the last raggedy orphan overlay.

So, after some brainstorming discussion, we've come up with a plan: I'm posting the inventory publicly, for all of you to review. Peruse it at your leisure, identify any items you'd like, and send me a PM. I will give priority to those already in the Grab Bag Circulation Route, but everything is up for grabs.

A note of courtesy: This is a community effort started by the Intellivision Brotherhood, and the loot has been graciously donated by some very nice people in this forum, myself included. Please do not be greedy, and ask only for those things you need or really want.

Also, remember that I'm volunteering to distribute the stuff, so please be considerate and try to bunch items up, so as to minimize packaging and postage. I'd hate to have to send 500 overlays, each to a different destination. :)

The Grab Bag Piñata will be open for only one week. Next week-end I will take it down, sweep the leftover crumbs, and start preparing shipments. Whatever remains unclaimed at that point, I will ship to the next destination in the Grab Bag Circulation Route--Rick Reynolds, that's you.

Cheers everybody!

-dZ.

Layout of the catalogue is as follows:

Page 1: Games

The first page is games, grouped by Platform, Publisher, and Title. It says the quantity, whether boxed or loose, and what's in each boxed one: box, manual, and how many overlays.

Page 2: Manuals

The second page is game manuals, listed by Title. For each one, it describes whether they are black and white, colour, or full colour, and how many are available.

Page 3: Overlays

The third page is the loose overlays. It lists them by Title, and includes how many units. These are counted in singles, not pairs. So when it says "27 Astrosmash" it means we have 13 pairs and an orphan overlay for that game.

Page 4: Miscellaneous

The fourth and last page is additional miscellanea. Each item is described briefly, along with its quantity.

Grab Bag Inventory - PDF Version: Grab Bag Inventory.pdf

Grab Bag Inventory - Excel Version: Grab Bag Inventory.xls

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 5

What is the Overlay Reproduction Proof Sheet?

And i'd be interested in the Fall 1988 Catalog since i don't own any of the catalogs yet.

Dude, send requests via PM, to make it easy for me to go through them.

The "Proof Sheet" seems to be overlays printed on glossy paper, uncut. I'll post pictures later.

Dude, send requests via PM, to make it easy for me to go through them.

The "Proof Sheet" seems to be overlays printed on glossy paper, uncut. I'll post pictures later.

Looking at them again, they seem to be high-resolution scans of the overlays printed on glossy paper. They are uncut, two or four per sheet.

Jesus, this is you guys' spare/giveaway stuff? I'm obviously a pretty weak collector in terms of the Brotherhood. I count 6 loose and one CIB that I don't have (at least I have every one of the INTV Corp on that list!) - plus every single Sears release (I'm 99% sure those never got released in Canada and I've never seen one outside of pictures).

I think I'm in a slightly lower league than most of you. It'll probably take me less time to code 125 new games for myself than to be able to compete with y'all :P

Jesus, this is you guys' spare/giveaway stuff? I'm obviously a pretty weak collector in terms of the Brotherhood. I count 6 loose and one CIB that I don't have (at least I have every one of the INTV Corp on that list!) - plus every single Sears release (I'm 99% sure those never got released in Canada and I've never seen one outside of pictures).

I think I'm in a slightly lower league than most of you. It'll probably take me less time to code 125 new games for myself than to be able to compete with y'all :P

I had the grab bag before dZ. I added 17 CIB Sears titles and 13 of the 14 loose Imagic titles (Fathom was already in there). Share the love ;-)

• Like 1

I may be silent for a few days, but I'm collecting all the PMs and putting them into a matrix to see who gets what. I will also contact you if there is a conflict, and of course, when your package is shipped.

I don't see many requests for the overlays! come on, guys, there's TONS of them. What about all those people complaining on the Flashback thread... we got some genuine Mattel overlays here! :P

-dZ.

I just noticed that the PDF may not be as self evident as my original spreadsheet, so let me explain the layout:

Games:

The first page is games, grouped by Platform, Publisher, and Title. It says the quantity, whether boxed or loose, and what's in each boxed one: box, manual, and how many overlays.

Manuals:

The second page is game manuals, listed by Title. For each one, it describes whether they are black and white, colour, or full colour, and how many are available.

Overlays:

The third page is the loose overlays. It lists them by Title, and includes how many units. These are counted in singles, not pairs. So when it says "27 Astrosmash" it means we have 13 pairs and an orphan overlay for that game.

Miscellaneous:

The fourth and last page is additional miscellanea. Each item is described briefly, along with its quantity.

There you go, I hope that clears it up.

-dz.