IGNORED

7800 AV Mod Question

Noah98

Is this kit any good?

http://www.coolretroprojects.com/Mods-Kits.html

It's inexpensive and has an easy to follow guide. My power button is starting to go and I need to open my 7800 up and replace it. I have very limited soldering experience but figure that I need to learn eventually if I'm going to continue collecting classic systems! If the power button replacement goes well I'll attempt the AV mod if it is any good.

The RF quality on the 7800 seems really bad compared with my Intellivision, Colecovision, and Odyssey 2. Will the AV mod make much of a difference or does the 7800 just not output a very good picture?

The RF quality on the 7800 seems really bad compared with my Intellivision, Colecovision, and Odyssey 2. Will the AV mod make much of a difference or does the 7800 just not output a very good picture?

Funny, I wonder if this is how various individual systems have aged....my Intellivision RF is just OK, I had three Colecos and they all were positively AWFUL on RF (AWFUL), but my 7800 is probably the cleanest looking of all MY RF systems (those listed and the TG-16). I've considered the upgrade many times but just can't justify the cost because of this.