IGNORED

SSI - Curse of the Azure Bonds

I have the ST disk version of this, but I don't have the manual. I do have the wheel.

Does anyone have a scan of the manual (or an actual manual they want to part with?) The atarimania one is in German.

Failing that, I have found the C64 one online, is the game an exact enough port that it will work?

Thanks in advance.....

I have a boxed copy of Curse of the Azure Bonds for the ST. The manual is the same across all platforms. There is an Atari ST Data Card as well. The data card covers System Requirements, Hard Disk Installation, playing from floppy, transferring characters from Hilsfar, movement, tips, etc.. If you have any questions, just let me know.

I played Azure Bonds from my hard drive, which is nice. If you have Hilsfar, transferring characters that are leveled up a little from there will make things easier at the beginning. Unless you want to go old school and bust out some graph paper, there are maps of all the dungeons on the internet. I used the Curse of the Azure Bonds maps at A CRPG Directory, which is a great source for early CRPGs info.

http://weekendwastemonster.net/crpgs/directory

I'll try the C64 Manual....and we will see how it goes. I have the other ST AD&D SSI's complete, hopefully the keyboard commands match those.

It might be in the communities interest still to have an english version of the manual uploaded to Atarimania at some point...

Thanks guys.

I'll try the C64 Manual....and we will see how it goes. I have the other ST AD&D SSI's complete, hopefully the keyboard commands match those.

Sure, guilt me.. j/k ;)

Curse of the Azure Bonds is the only Forgotten Realms Gold Box CRPG that was ported to the ST and doesn't play at all like the Dragonlance ActionRPGs. Hilsfar is in the Forgotten Realms universe, but it's a weird hybrid arcade mini-game RPG that lets you port characters over to Azure and Pool of Radiance. It would have been awesome if the Pool of Radiance port for the ST that was announced would have been released.

Here you go. :-D

WP_20150210_001_zps65b6cc5d.jpg

WP_20150210_003_zps9e81c2e8.jpg

WP_20150210_004_zps7724611d.jpg

All this talk about this game makes me want to break it out and play it on my STacy at work (when its slow). :)

Speaking of D&D, this is a bit off topic, but I figure we're all here because we're "tinker'ers" and love to play

with things, make them and fix them, whether its cars, gadgets or beloved retro computers like the ST line.

So we're running a Pathfinder D&D campaign at the local library every other weekend. We've up to level

16 characters now. I play a human battlecleric named "Jai-Senn". We've got a pretty good core group, with

anywhere from 4-8 players consistently showing up.

So after previously playing a 4e campaign for a few years, and using vinyl battle-maps and markers (which

are fine, and reign supreme for flexibilty, considering you just erase and redraw), I thought I'd try to take our

group to the next level by getting into card modeling and using props. It took awhile, learning the discipline

and getting the right tools together but I've been pleased with the results.

I'm attaching a few pics to show what we've come up with so far. I think we've done pretty good and everyone

really seems to like the new "visual" effect of the props.

The Inn:

post-5822-0-01843000-1423885137_thumb.jpeg

In the sewers underneath Everlund:

post-5822-0-24236600-1423885161_thumb.jpg

More sewers (bigger shot):

post-5822-0-09400600-1423885201_thumb.jpg

The lava room:

post-5822-0-56529500-1423885240_thumb.jpg

Guard post/tower ruins:

post-5822-0-02347100-1423885279_thumb.jpg

The Forest road (looks like a good place for an ambush, right?):

post-5822-0-02724800-1423885311_thumb.jpg

And this is what it looks like when I'm putting together one of these sets:

post-5822-0-50193900-1423885345_thumb.jpg

Fun stuff...! :)

Edited by DarkLord

We acually thought about the projector route, at one point in time. After all, we're in the public

library with some decent resources. Wound up not liking the "look" though.

The IT director at the libarary, who also does most of our DM'ing had mentioned plaster blocks

as well. Prices were a bit steep, but I suppose after you got the molds, it would pay for itself over

time.

I like the cardstock. I can work wiith it, and you can print the PDFs out over and over. It can be a

little bit of time and work to get it right though.

In the case of the map with the trees on it, I experimented a little bit. Underneath, beneath the tiles

but on top of the base is a very then layer of sheet metal. I then put magnets on the bottom of the

trees and the buildings and other props I use. We can re-use that same map over and over, just

changing props. The magnets have worked great so far.

Edited by DarkLord