IGNORED

Visual BB help

prOk

Can anyone help me out with why I can't get vBB to work right? I have the issue where it compiles but can't find the bin file in the end and fails. I read that it's usually spaces and whatnot in paths but in this case it's not. All I really want to do is completely remove it and start fresh, but there's something i'm not finding when I do that. For some reason it's just not changing the bb variable. What am I missing to completely remove the program so I can fresh install 100%?

Thanks!

I did do that, the very first time I did an install I got a message after running the install bat that it was successful. Then I went and moved it and reran it, hasn't worked since. Whatever that file is supposed to change if you move or reinstall isn't working anymore :(

I did do that, the very first time I did an install I got a message after running the install bat that it was successful. Then I went and moved it and reran it, hasn't worked since. Whatever that file is supposed to change if you move or reinstall isn't working anymore :(

Did you move the whole bB folder? If you did that, then double clicked on install_win.bat again, that's not all you have to do. You also have to change the location of 2600basic.exe on the VbB settings page:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-vbb.html#setbbcompiler

Did you move the whole bB folder? If you did that, then double clicked on install_win.bat again, that's not all you have to do. You also have to change the location of 2600basic.exe on the VbB settings page:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-vbb.html#setbbcompiler

Yes, I did that step too. bB seems to be putting some file somewhere I can't find to delete :(

I'm not a vbb users, so I'm not much help with that, but lets double-check you have all of the fundamentals in place. Follow the instructions below and let us know the output...

1. open a command prompt

2. type: set bB

3. type: set PATH

4. type: postprocess

Also, if you're used a directory path with spaces, try relocating the bB directory to a path without spaces, double-click install_win.bat again, and reset the bB location in vbb. Some versions of vbb don't like it when bB is in a directory path with spaces.

Here it is:

C:\Users\zz>set bB
bB=C:\Atari2600\bB

C:\Users\zz>set PATH
Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32
\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Commo
n Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo;c:\Program Fi
les\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\1
00\DTS\Binn\;C:\Users\zz\Desktop\bB.1.1d.reveng36;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin
\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon"
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

The path to bb is wrong, but I have no idea where to change that..