IGNORED

New console using Jaguar mold...

Retro Rogue

This project actually involves a bunch of ex-industry game developers like Steve Woita making new games specifically for the console.

Likewise, it's just using the old case modes. It's relationship with the Jaguar ends there. It's not a Jaguar 2, nor is it meant to be a Phantom or generic Linux box running emulators, etc. It's new hardware intended to run new "retro style" games coded by many of the same people who did the originals.

Edited by Retro Rogue

The concept, overall, is potentially very interesting vs whateverthefuck the architecture of this thing will actually end up being.

However, I can't exactly say that using the Atari Jaguar case mold offers it the best start out of the blocks, genetically speaking:

1) it's a Jaguar

2) Dust flap deficiency syndrome

3) Recess for CD add-on

4) No reset button

5) it's a Jaguar

Personally, I'd be making me some mold 'modifications' prior to mass production.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this project though. Unlike the usual clone/emulation systems, this project has potential.

Could... end up being 'another' Jaguar though :-D

Edited by NeoGeoNinja

This project actually involves a bunch of ex-industry game developers like Steve Woita making new games specifically for the console.

Likewise, it's just using the old case modes. It's relationship with the Jaguar ends there. It's not a Jaguar 2, nor is it meant to be a Phantom or generic Linux box running emulators, etc. It's new hardware intended to run new "retro style" games coded by many of the same people who did the originals.

Communicating that instead of teasing in the Jaguar section might have been a good idea then... just sayin'.

For me, Jaguar is the perfect "retro" console right now. Everything is simple enough for pretty much anyone to work with at this point, but isn't all-powerful removing any kind of challenge whatsoever and therefore allowing apathy to kick in.

Still, I wish them every success with their project if it means the plastic parts are affordable and abundant for us Jaguar types.

Edited by sh3-rg

Communicating that instead of teasing in the Jaguar section might have been a good idea then... just sayin'.

There's nothing more to "communicate," it's exactly what I posted. There's already two other threads discussing the console itself and what it entails, this was simply to link to the pictures of the original Jaguar molds used in the console. Hence the relevant post in the Jaguar section.

There's nothing more to "communicate," it's exactly what I posted. There's already two other threads discussing the console itself and what it entails, this was simply to link to the pictures of the original Jaguar molds used in the console. Hence the relevant post in the Jaguar section.

Oh I dunno... re-engineered Jaguar, come keep your eye on this, posted in the Jaguar section. Excuse me for thinking it might possibly have had something to do with the Jaguar other than the plastic parts. :?

And as you say, that's what you posted, not those who are working on it, after the fact, after the teases.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 2