IGNORED

Tristar super 8...

Interesting but I'm not sure what this means in your auction description...

"I bought it off ebay 50 bucks. Will put 50 bucks reserve just to be safe. But I will let it go for a lot less probably half just because its parts."

Well if I start at a penny and I only get a 1 penny bid I am screwed. Even paypal fees are more than a penny. But if I list at 99 dollars for parts and not working half the time nobody will buy it. So its a waste of 7 days. But if I start at a penny and put a 50 dollar reserve no body will bid because they have no idea how much the reserve is and will not take a chance. So by mentioning how much my reserve is people are aware and feel ok bidding if its low reserve or reasonable. But even if I don't meet the 50 dollars reserve and get say only 25 dollars I will send him/her an second chance offer and let them have it. I know they don't have to accept. But they might if its not too high. And knowing ahead of time they will bid since it not too much. If somebody adds 200 dollar reserve and I bid just to see how much the reserve is but think 150 is too high I might argue. By telling people up front there is no surprises. But if I have 1 penny and no reserve (happened once and I had to let it go for a penny so I learned my lesson) then I have to let him/her have it. So reserve is not bad. I know peole hate reserve here and elsewhere. But you never know what to start at. And if you go too high then nobody will buy it. My auction as example no matter how rare even if it was mint and working 100% I would not say 1000. Nobody will buy. Example I saw a loose mariokart 64 no box yesterday on ebay 800 dollars. No one is ever going to buy that. So I have to be more reasonable. But even 25 might be too much for parts for my super 8. So start at a penny gives you an idea what its worth. If not worth it then the bidding won't go too high. Because my 25 dollars will never sell and be a waste of 7 days.

So it doesn't work. Has many cosmetic and electronic problems and you're still putting a $50 reserve on it? You will be lucky to get $10 honestly from an open auction without a reserve. With a reserve your gonna scare away most of the bidders who would have even given you that.

I know that. But in the video it did work. See my link. It may be my bad super nintendo not the super 8.

But if I start at a penny its no good. Even paypal fees are more than a penny. But starting even at 10 might be too much. So hence the reserve. I can gage how much its really worth. People will bid since they know much the reserve is and there is no surprises. And it doesn't matter if the reserve is not met then you don't have to buy it. Even if you bid 49 and it ends before my reserve is met you don't owe me a cent.

That's the problem. Without knowing exactly what is wrong, it can be anyone's guess as to what's it worth. For such item with unknown condition and unable to accurately test, $5 would be a good minimum. Since eBay counts shipping toward fees and Paypal fee, the worst you'd end up paying is probably $2.50 total.

I'm not fond of reserve listing.

Until only just a couple years ago, devices like the super 8 & the tristar were solid gold. Extremely rare & valuable. I myself hunted for one for years. But present day, it's lost it's luster. Reason being that now you can buy those retro adapters & play NES on Snes & even genesis on Snes for like $30. And they are much smaller too.

I think only a hardcore collector would want one now, and it would have to be fully working. Good luck with the sale though.