IGNORED

Resistor Identification Help

Bodyshots

Yes, that translation seems messed up. The display of the text on the site keeps going past the margin also. It looks like it is supposed to be the manual.

What is the connector just above the red led? It looks like a USB port from the top view.

From the listing of the one I got:

The tester uses 3.7V rechargeable lithium battery (battery model: 14500) powered portable design, but you can use the T-MINIUSB outlet to charge the battery and power the system for a long time in the indoor use of more economical and convenient, eliminating the need always to be replaced battery of economic input!

Not sure, but sounds like someone running for a political office!

• Like 2

what is the advantage of that over a 20$ meter that does all that and has a shell and proper probes

maybe its just me but I would rather have a couple probes instead of a handful of eyelets that will wear out a few dozen uses into it, and fry itself if it gets a drop of water near it heh

Edited by Osgeld

From the listing of the one I got:

The tester uses 3.7V rechargeable lithium battery (battery model: 14500) powered portable design, but you can use the T-MINIUSB outlet to charge the battery and power the system for a long time in the indoor use of more economical and convenient, eliminating the need always to be replaced battery of economic input!

Not sure, but sounds like someone running for a political office!

Sure does.. I asked the seller a question before buying, and they thought I wanted a refund! And that's all they were fixated on, was trying to satisfy me through ample apologies and refund.

They wouldn't give up. Went round and round. It finally stopped when I accepted it.

• Like 1

what is the advantage of that over a 20$ meter that does all that and has a shell and proper probes

It's hobbyist & science-project stuff. Not pro-level Fluke or Agilent. You won't feel guilty when you take it apart to mount it in your own casing or custom-whatever-assemblage. But you would if you cannibalized a $200 DMM. Or even a basic $50 meter from HomeDepot.

maybe its just me but I would rather have a couple probes instead of a handful of eyelets that will wear out a few dozen uses into it, and fry itself if it gets a drop of water near it heh

Obviously.

Hate older meters that you had to do multiple tries to figure out a transistor...is it npn or pnp, which leg is the base/collector/emitter? Just hook this unit up and it tells you what pin is what AND npn or pnp. Don't have to buy another meter to check caps or another meter for inductors...don't plan on using the eyelets-only the probes with clips where there is connect and slip-no connect-do again...and like all my other equipment, I take care of it...

Sure does.. I asked the seller a question before buying, and they thought I wanted a refund! And that's all they were fixated on, was trying to satisfy me through ample apologies and refund.

They wouldn't give up. Went round and round. It finally stopped when I accepted it.

Someone once asked me if I understood Chinese, I said, "Are you kidding? I don't understand their English!"

Hate older meters that you had to do multiple tries to figure out a transistor...is it npn or pnp, which leg is the base/collector/emitter? Just hook this unit up and it tells you what pin is what AND npn or pnp. Don't have to buy another meter to check caps or another meter for inductors...don't plan on using the eyelets-only the probes with clips where there is connect and slip-no connect-do again...and like all my other equipment, I take care of it...

I just use the datasheet and almost all meters now do caps, most do inductance

whatever makes you happy though