IGNORED

Light Sixer - "Property Of Atari Inc"?

mikey.shake

Today I picked up another Light Sixer at a junk shop. It desperately needed a cleaning, but it plays all my carts just fine and the picture’s great, so I’m happy with the buy. It seems completely standard from the outside. But when I opened it up to scrub it clean, I noticed that it had the following stamped on the inside of the top casing, above the faceplate’s interior.

L&W G C010307-A
and on the other side,
Property Of Atari Inc.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Since there was no serial number sticker on the bottom, I guess I’m wondering if this indicates it’s a Sunnyvale-made Light Sixer, a factory tester, a promotional unit, or some other variation. Or maybe it’s nothing unusual at all. The type and border on the faceplate are both more orange than yellow, for what that’s worth. The bottom of the casing is hot stamped with 470, which pretty well aligns with the Nov. 1980 date on the assembly paper taped inside ("47th week of 1980").
I’ve read the “Light Sixer List” thread, as well as the following thread from nine years ago:
...and I still can’t find a definitive answer. Perhaps I’m overlooking something. It's not a big deal, I'm just the curious type. Can anyone point me in the right direction of some more info on this variation?

post-41601-0-84758700-1425507730_thumb.jpg

Oops, I did forget to add that the switches do feel like the standard aluminum ones on my 4-switches and the other Light Sixer I've had. So they seem to be standard (though I've never seen the chrome ones in person, I assume I'd know the difference right away).

And that's interesting that you'd have a Sunnyvale Light Sixer as late as 490 (late '80), too. I guess I just assumed they'd be the "early" ones. That sort of makes me wonder if that's what this is. I don't suppose you've ever taken yours apart to see if that "Property Of..." stamp is in there, have you?

Edited by mikey.shake