IGNORED

RE: What I like about the 7800

bloodreptile

remember guys we all have opinions about great games and the fun is sharing them. I love different opinions about the games released 10 to 20 years ago..... makes this nostalger thing seem all the more worth while.

Now what I would like would be to have a modem for both the 7800 and the 800 and you two could go head to head on the ballblazer play fields! ;)

Just as long as you had a separate phone line and headset phone so you and your friend could yell curses at each other :) When me and a buddy played that, we said things that made Eddie Murphy sound clean!! (That's how long ago THAT was, when he was actually a foul-mouthed comic...)

What is your problem?  You obviously can't understand what I am saying so you keep trying to rewrite it.

I understand what you're saying perfectly. I just find what you're saying highly specious.

I haven't insulted you. I've only challenged your opinions. If defending your own opinions is so vexing that it drives you to "resign", then I can see how Usenet didn't agree with you.

Meanwhile I'll chuckle over the irony of a classic gamer preferring a version with slower play but more graphical fluff.

What is your problem? You obviously can't understand what I am saying so you keep trying to rewrite it.

Harry: the advantage with this site is if you find someone's posts pointless or irritating you just hit 'ignore' and *poof* - the irritant is gone. :idea:

What is your problem?  You obviously can't understand what I am saying so you keep trying to rewrite it.

I understand what you're saying perfectly. I just find what you're saying highly specious.

I haven't insulted you. I've only challenged your opinions. If defending your own opinions is so vexing that it drives you to "resign", then I can see how Usenet didn't agree with you.

Meanwhile I'll chuckle over the irony of a classic gamer preferring a version with slower play but more graphical fluff.

I see... you are an Iraqi soldier. You shoot at people after they surrender.

Let me give a try at your analogies...

Do you believe in foreplay or do you go into the bathroom for 2 minutes with a magazine?

I don't see why I have to "defend my opinions". Opinions are similar to beliefs and are usually not defensible. I prefer Dr. Pepper to Coke or Pepsi, but I'm not going to bother defending that choice either.

from www.dictionary.com

o·pin·ion

n.

1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof

spe·cious

adj.

1. Having the ring of truth or plausibility but actually fallacious: a specious argument.

I believe you have indeed insulted me (again).

Don't bother replying to this - unless you want to make a point to someone else reading this thread.

I got both Ballblazers I like both. OH well, did I say my atari 800 packed up 5 years ago...... :sad: Oh well..... maybe I will take it out of the loft and see if it works again. As I said before the great thing about games is that it is the sprites that get done in not the people. So as they say over here Chill out... :) :D

I'll tell you what I like about my very own 7800...it's compatible with Dark Chambers, it's compatible with those supposedly cranky 2600 Activision carts (Robot Tank and Decathlon, et al), and it's compatible with my Supercharger. IOW, my 7800 has a compatibility rate of (from what I can tell) 100%. I heard that most late-made 7800s (from 1989-90) are basically 100% compatible.