IGNORED

ultimate help.

Jinks

Ok so I finnaly have a few minutes to check out the 600xl of mine that has the u1mb and video upgrade installed and need some help.

How do I use the u1mb? How do I use the sio2bt with ultimate it is set up for it but can not load games?

Lets say for example how would one start missle command that is already on u1mb?

For sio2bt I disable spartados and enable bt and then what?

Totally lost.. not been able to try my atari for almost a month and have just tonight to try then busy for another 3 weeks. 3 hours of a blue screen and trying everything. Searching on google finds lreks manual that gives specs. I did find a user manual and posted it on here but hell cant find where the hell it went..

Press RESET while holding down the HELP key and the Setup menu will appear for U1MB.

For missle command I think it is in the XEGS slot so you have to have one of those or rewire the cartridge port somehow. I've heard of it being done.

You can flash things into the BASIC slot and OS slots if you want to have a game flashed in there, but there are size limitations.

Use FJC's in-place flasher to do it. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/220750-in-place-ultimate-1mb-incognito-rom-editor-and-flash-tool/page-11

• Like 1

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I just wanted to install U1MB into and XEGS, but I ran into problems. This U1MB is from Candle, so it doesn't contain the necessary resistors of RD4 and RD5. I installed sockets for the OS and the MMU. With these resisotrs and sockets, the original OS and MMU works just fine.

I took the four signals from the CPU.

When I install the U1MB, I just receive a red screen. When I put the original OS and MMU back, everything works again.

Is there anything else needs to be done in case of the XEGS? What does the "p3 (XEGS mode)" jumper do?

PS. I sucessfully installed another U1MB into an 1200XL, and that still works fine. (with the guide of Sebastian, but it seems he is not really available nowadays)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Jozsi

I had a similar problem when I first installed my Candle-built U1MB.. Turns out the EPROM wasn't programmed properly. I programmed it in a programmer, and away it went!

Do you have another you can swap the ROM out of?

Oh, that's odd. Yes, the one in the 1200XL is still there. Just didn't want to take it apart if possible. First I wanted to know, that there is nothing I missed in case of the XEGS. There is not an installation instruction for it specially, and I was curious about that "XEGS" jumper...

Will try to replace the eprom and get back with the result.

Thanks!

attachicon.giffix a13 on xegs.jpg

This wire was a posted fix for the original for fitting into the XEGS machine..

Look at this post:::

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/192930-ultimate1mb-new-preorder/?p=2675721

Great, thank you! Will try that as soon as I got home. I just don't understand why was necessary to remove that PIN of the OS connector if it wasn't connected to anywhere....