IGNORED

Built in Sega Master System games list?

I've gotten the adaptor I desperately needed (still need the RF), so I know my SMS works. Until I get the RF, I'd like to try to figure out which built in games mine has, if any. I know the original had the hidden snail game, and if that's the case with mine, I'd be pretty happy, but I'd like to know what games were built into the original model of the SMS. If anyone has a complete list, my thanks in advance.

you mean the launch system? it had the safari hunt/hang-on cart built in, aswell as the snail game. but as the years progress, +1, the games go -1, atleast they do with the systems i own...

so i have ones that...

safari hunt/hang-on

then...hang-on

then...nothing but that screen to insert a cart

the first revisions of the SMS had the snail game (it boots to an instruction guide, directing you to insert a cart, you press a button combination to get the snail maze game). The high end set included a separete cart with Hang-On/Safari Hunt.

Later on, the cart was replaced with Hang-On/Safari Hunt built into the system.

The Sega Master System II, had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in

The SMS was dead in the US when Sonic was released.  It was never a really popular system to begin with, although it was much more popular in Europe and especially Brazil.  Im guessing it had a good following down under?

It sure as hell must have. I'd say at least 50% of all the import SMS games I've bought or traded for come directly from AU, and they make up a good percentage of the games available on eBay at any given time.

http://www.atani-software.net/segabase/

this is where ive got the most useful info on sega systems. Its an excellent site, but there are a few missing facts here and there. Ive been a big Sega Fan since the days of the Master System, although i didnt own one myself until around 5 years ago when i discovered eBay ;) I have around 70 games, but i doubt ill ever complete the collection after i consider all the imports floating around.

The SMS was dead in the US when Sonic was released.  It was never a really popular system to begin with, although it was much more popular in Europe and especially Brazil.  Im guessing it had a good following down under?

Yeah, funny thing is the carts are so easy to find yet a never knew anyone who actually owned one. The NES was huge here, I guess video games in general just are judging by the ammount of stuff i get every week. The SMS2 with sonic is PAL-G which isnt here though,,

oh, btw, you can use the same RF box from the NES or Genesis model 1 if you have either one laying around. The other solution is if you have a standard AV cable, and one of the AV/RF adapters they sell at the AtariAge Store, you can hook your system directly to you TV without the need of an RF adapter. The SMS is capable of AV though, and if you plan on spending money, id try to find one of those cables, i believe its the same AV cable the commadore 64 used (as well as the Genesis 1 and Neo Geo AES)