IGNORED

Colecovision Y-Adapter Controller Cables Available

nurmix

On 3/16/2020 at 11:25 PM, nurmix said:

They require two 'donor' extension cables to make one Y-adapter, and factoring in the cost of the 'donor' cables (not to mention the time involved in making them), and the amount I charge per cable, it's pretty much a loss for me.

Hi - I would like to use a couple of my Atari compatible sticks (Tac-2 and Wico Command Control) with my Colecovision.

I understand that you are not manufacturing these Y cables any more, and the reasons why.

Before I buy the sacrificial extension cables to assemble my own Y-adapter, I'd like to confirm that I will just need two extension cables, and some heat shrink tubing, both for the individual wire, and then once continuity had been tested, the whole bundle?

I'm assuming each wire (1-9) from the female ends is joined together and merged with pins 1-9 of the male end of the cable.

Thanks,

Pete

13 hours ago, petejk said:

Hi - I would like to use a couple of my Atari compatible sticks (Tac-2 and Wico Command Control) with my Colecovision.

I understand that you are not manufacturing these Y cables any more, and the reasons why.

Before I buy the sacrificial extension cables to assemble my own Y-adapter, I'd like to confirm that I will just need two extension cables, and some heat shrink tubing, both for the individual wire, and then once continuity had been tested, the whole bundle?

I'm assuming each wire (1-9) from the female ends is joined together and merged with pins 1-9 of the male end of the cable.

Thanks,

Pete

Yes.  Except there is sometimes confusion about male/female ends.  I always think in terms of which ends have PINS (MALE), and which have holes (FEMALE).  Some people base MALE / FEMALE on the outer part of the connectors (which I believe is how you're thinking about it).

To be clear, in my way of looking at it, there will be one female end (that plugs into the Colecovision's joystick port), and two male ends (where you plug in one of your Atari joysticks, and your Colecovision controller):

Nurmix_CV_Y-adapter_cable.thumb.jpg.bdcdfc55e5236bb9e50fa02335eab1e0.jpg

23 minutes ago, nurmix said:

Yes.  Except there is sometimes confusion about male/female ends.  I always think in terms of which ends have PINS (MALE), and which have holes (FEMALE).  Some people base MALE / FEMALE on the outer part of the connectors (which I believe is how you're thinking about it).

To be clear, in my way of looking at it, there will be one female end (that plugs into the Colecovision's joystick port), and two male ends (where you plug in one of your Atari joysticks, and your Colecovision controller):

Nurmix_CV_Y-adapter_cable.thumb.jpg.bdcdfc55e5236bb9e50fa02335eab1e0.jpg

Perfect, thanks! I've ordered a handful of cables. Looking forward to having some ColecoVision controller options!

• Like 1