IGNORED

XE Light Gun...

Xot

So okay, I'm a bit peeved that I didn't know that Meltdown required the light gun. Unless I missed it, it doesn't say that on the box.

So, I'm in the market for an XE Light Gun. Anyone got one and what can I expect to pay for this?

TIA...

You're looking for an XE Light Gun or BEST Electronics Light Gun... unless you want to modify a Sega Phaser... the modification is explained in a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) online. Most people will tell you that the BEST gun is better than the Atari XE gun, but I have yet to see it. I wouldn't pay more than 10 USD for one. Good luck!

I've used the XE Gun; it was funny because I had never seen one then picked up about three in a short period, all for a reasonable price. I remember using it for the Bug game; I haven't had any problems with it except the label fell off one of them.

I've used the XE Gun; it was funny because I had never seen one then picked up about three in a short period, all for a reasonable price.  I remember using it for the Bug game; I haven't had any problems with it except the label fell off one of them.

I don't suppose you've still got one of the three, do you????

If you can, I couldn't find where. The page was so utterly devoid of links and difficult to navigate that I didn't spend ALL that much time looking. A search for "light gun" didn't turn it up, though.

BEST Electronics is the worst company I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Go to eBay! You'll meet friendlier people who want to sell you things there. Go to GameTZ or some other place where you deal with people who care about the community, not profits.

BEST Electronics is the worst company I've had the displeasure of dealing with. Go to eBay! You'll meet friendlier people who want to sell you things there. Go to GameTZ or some other place where you deal with people who care about the community, not profits.

So you're saying that Ebay isn't about profits?:?

Xot- farther down the thread list there's one titled "light gun" authored by electrocop in which he had a similar question- I suggested Video 61 in Stacy MN. I also did some research on pricing & shipping in that thread.

www.atarisales.com

electrocop- did you get your Light Gun yet?

'

Ouch! $29.95 for the light gun??? There's gotta be a better deal out there than that....

I've got an XE gun and the playability is just horrific. The aiming on the gun is an inch off to the right on one game and an inch off to the left on another. I imagine it is a software issue rather than hardware as the "offness" is not the same for every game.

It's a shame as a couple of the games could be halfway enjoyable (I just shooting the old man in Barnyard Blaster).

Well, I just looked at that auction, and although it does seem like a decent price, look at the shipping. That's where the seller makes up the difference. I don't own one of these guns, but I figure it must weight 2 pounds MAX. He's charging, and I quote "$7.75 via fast Priority Mail". That shipping seems high, even with DC, it shouldn't cost more than $5.00 (again assuming the 2 pound weight, which I'm sure it's not). Besides, I ship Priority, how do I get the fast method instead of the standard? I was curious of this. :roll:

I can make the adapter that converts the Sega Gun to work on the Atari consoles.

PM me.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Rob, would you say the adapted Sega gun works better than the Atari/Best guns? As I mentioned at the top of this thread, the playability is atrocious on 7800 LG games but I don't know if it's the gun, the software or both.

Steve

I can make the adapter that converts the Sega Gun to work on the Atari consoles.

PM me.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Woops. Guess this is what happens when I don't check the 7800 forum for a couple days. Well, if/when I come across a Sege gun I will in fact do that...

Is this just a plug-in type device or will the gun no longer work on Sega consoles once adapted?