IGNORED

Is this 7800 lot from someone here?

GoldenWheels

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301665823602?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

7800 lot with two euro pads and a bunch of games. Only one photo. Includes a bunch of Atari Age titles (from the photo I see Super Pac Man, Jr. Pac Man, Pac Man Collection, Meteor Shower, Scramble, and I swear two of those other labels on the right look like Atari Age games as well, can't read the label).

$800.00 OBO (!)

But the only games listed in the description are donkey kong, dig dug, asteroids, choplifter, and star raiders.

Who puts up an auction with a premium price implying they at least might know they have some neat stuff (the Atari Age titles and the Euro Pads) but doesn't think to list/photo the neat stuff?

Nobody in Fall River has had their collection stolen lately have they? ;)

Wow, 7 homebrews in this lot, how strange.

That's really what I don't get. A random junk lot with a ridiculous price is hardly rare on ebay. But if you're into the scene enough to buy homebrews but then need to sell them, why in god's name wouldn't you point them out? But hey, he's got Star Raiders!

I was kind of only half joking when I wondered it it was stolen.

Edited by GoldenWheels

It could be that the picture was borrowed from another auction. :ponder:

I'm thinking the lot is stolen or someone died. Sad but those 2 options are really the only logical ones.

None of these options make sense. They list some of the games in the picture and note the European controllers so I doubt the picture is from another auction. I also doubt that it's stolen since the seller knows that the controllers are not standard. Maybe a death but it would still be odd to call out the rarer controllers yet know nothing about the more recent games.

In any event, it's worth more than $80-$90. 7 homebrews, 2 euro controllers and a working base unit should go for over $200.

None of these options make sense. They list some of the games in the picture and note the European controllers so I doubt the picture is from another auction. I also doubt that it's stolen since the seller knows that the controllers are not standard. Maybe a death but it would still be odd to call out the rarer controllers yet know nothing about the more recent games.

In any event, it's worth more than $80-$90. 7 homebrews, 2 euro controllers and a working base unit should go for over $200.

Gotcha. Didn't spot any homebrews or see any in the photo or description. Thought it was common games with some scarse ones.

The way I looked at it was...someone could use ebay to search for '7800 controllers', see them easily (they're always on there) and figure out what they are and that they are a little special. But the homebrews are rarely on ebay (granted a google search brings you here fast, but as we all know, we sometimes see 30$ homebrews, still available on AA, sell for 50+$ on ebay, so some people don't google I guess). Hence why the controllers are listed and the games are not? I dunno.

Just a puzzling auction. Maybe it was a death.

Edited by GoldenWheels