IGNORED

Super huey and tomcat i need some help!

kyle

Ok i picked up both these games the other day and im haveing a bit for trouble playing them :roll: Anyway on super huey i cant get the damn thing to takeoff and i even have the instructions! I've tryed it on both flight school and reality mode and i cant get the dang thing to takeoff!! Looks like i might be stuck playing it on arcade mode. And on Tomcat after i miss the first jet i shoot at. The jet gets out or range and then in a few minutes i get shot? And the game is over. Ok what i wanna know about tomcat is if you miss a jet does the always happen? If i hit the first jet does that change things? And does the mission come to a end like you get to land and take back off for another mission or is the game just one long mission. Ok i know my explanations of my questions wont vary clear. But i hope someone can help me! :ponder:

Maybe I am the sick one in the group...but I actually really liked both Tomcat and F-18:Hornet back in the day when I got them. In fact F-18 was purchased when my Tomcat cart died on me after only 2 weeks of playing the game. At that point however, I had managed to become an Ace and beat the game effectively. I cannot answer Kyle's question however, because I just picked up another copy of Tomcat a few months ago and actually hadn't popped it in to play it. I know it works as I did power it up and there was the game's title screen but didn't actually play it.

The only gripe I do remember about Tomcat, was that the enemies were quite easy to take out...they do escape you easy...but remember...they are always in front of you. If you can't find them...then you need to drop altitude...or gain altitude. I will have to look in the manual again, but I seem to recall that the enemy only appear between certain altitudes even though you can start to spot them before and after those altitude ranges. However, graphically, Tomcat is the best of the bunch with plane details...etc...

:)

The thing I loathed most about Tomcat was that the missile "lock" wasn't a lock at all. You basically had to fire off a missile during the precise millisecond that you had a tone, or it wouldn't hit.

I'll freely admit I may have been doing something wrong though.

I first saw F-18 on my friends Amiga 500 so after playing the 7800

version for the first time a decade later the game does not impress

me. I find that for the flight sim games the joystick just does not have

enough buttons to easily use the many command options you have.

Ace of Aces is a good example I loved this game on the Commodore

but it is just to clumsy on the 7800.

John

• 2 weeks later...