IGNORED

Fake buy it nows, why bother?

ianoid

At least now I know why my eBay listings don't sell, I'm just not selling them to myself for high enough prices :D

It could be money laundering. Sell something worthless for big money to oneself, creating a pretty paper trail legitimizing the ill-gotten cash. The eBay fees are probably lower than paying off shady accountants.

It might work as an insurance scam. Look at my receipts for the $400 NES light zapper I bought. Once again eBay fees are way less than the potential gain.

• Like 1

He's probably trying to artificially drive up the price. When people do searches for sold items and see his high priced sales, they're more likely to list at same or higher prices. Likewise when buyers search for same products and see all these high prices, they'll have no choice but to buy high. I'm sure this will have consequences in other areas of the market as well... But to be honest, an item is worth what prospective buyers think it's worth, and I suspect his dishonest business practices will backfire and leave him in the red.

• Like 2

Bought a real Virtua Cop 2 arcade for around $75 at auction once. Fully working large rear projection unit too! :rolling:

If the home version sold for $399 (it didn't listing was ended early), I'll be dipped - but not surprised as we've seen and continue to see this type of behavior among many a console gamer. ;)

If you look at the sold 33 carts it says $30.35, not $399.99. Check sold prices. Also check the buyer. Even though anonymous, you can figure out usually based on feedback if they are the same buyer. Though 1 fb won't help much.

Definitely look at the sold listings. Not sure how he does it though, because I thought item would say BIN was accepted. Each item shows like $399.99, but if you click the actual sold price, it is more like $30+. Maybe report him to Ebay.

Phil

Edited by Philflound
  • Like 1