IGNORED

Anyone in Wisconsin might wanna go to this estate sale

AtariLeaf

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up on this! Went, thinking *maybe* a deal could be had - but nope. The nicer of the two SMS's went for $150 and the other sold for $125 I believe. Original Odyssey went for $175 IIRC. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the obligatory Star Wars shirt wearing spuds hovering around. :rolling:

And some clown paid $750 for an autographed Michael Jordan jersey. Yeesh. Deals no longer to be had at flea markets and now auctions?

Really liked the company holding the auction though (Blue Toad). Very professional as these things go. Didn't wait around to see what the XL Robot, Atari or IBM games sold for, but got me to thinking... with the prices they were getting, might as well let these guys sell some of my stuff as they were getting near or better than ePay prices. ;)

...which reminds me, a misc. box of Star Wars cards sold for $55 there. I have a similar sized box full of original SW cards myself that I couldn't sell for $30 during my last garage sale. Guy offered $25, but I declined. Guess I'll be listing those on ePay here soon for the low low price of fitty bux! :lol:

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up on this! Went, thinking *maybe* a deal could be had - but nope. The nicer of the two SMS's went for $150 and the other sold for $125 I believe. Original Odyssey went for $175 IIRC. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the obligatory Star Wars shirt wearing spuds hovering around. :rolling:

And some clown paid $750 for an autographed Michael Jordan jersey. Yeesh. Deals no longer to be had at flea markets and now auctions?

Really liked the company holding the auction though (Blue Toad). Very professional as these things go. Didn't wait around to see what the XL Robot, Atari or IBM games sold for, but got me to thinking... with the prices they were getting, might as well let these guys sell some of my stuff as they were getting near or better than ePay prices. ;)

...which reminds me, a misc. box of Star Wars cards sold for $55 there. I have a similar sized box full of original SW cards myself that I couldn't sell for $30 during my last garage sale. Guy offered $25, but I declined. Guess I'll be listing those on ePay here soon for the low low price of fitty bux! :lol:

Wow sorry it seemed to be a waste. I would have been curious about the old IBM PC games but that's only because older PC games are my current collecting focus.

Wow sorry it seemed to be a waste. I would have been curious about the old IBM PC games but that's only because older PC games are my current collecting focus.

Oh, don't get me wrong... was a fun morning deviation from the norm! And not too long a haul either, else wouldn't have bothered. There were not a lot of PC games actually, but I did spy a handful of Infocom stuff, which would have been the driving factor for the serious bids. On the Amiga side of things, they can fetch decent coin. Probably $10-$50ea. + depending on title and completeness. Prices continue to climb on that stuff as well.

BTW: the auctioneer joked that the vintage gaming stuff, he literally saved from being thrown out. Had to convince the owner that it was worth 'something'. :lol:

• Like 1