IGNORED

Favorite character in "Gauntlet, Third Encounter"?

Kasenoke

The android is always considered the best player to use if you're trying to finish all 40 levels, thanks to his immense storage space.

Personally, I have a affinity for the weirder characters in Gauntlet 3, like the Pirate (who throws his parrot), the Punk (who kicks his boots), and the Nerd (who throws his books). Who wants to be a boring Wizard or Warrior?

Boy, Atari sure has a thing about nerds. Look at how many games have nerds in them! Chip's Challenge is all about nerds, Basketbrawl has Simon ("A Real Nerd, He Perfers Homework To Playing Basketball."), and then theres the nerd in Gauntlet. The Gauntlet nerd is the coolest of all of them.

IIRC the cowboy & samurai are the 2 chars w/ all-around even characteristics. The android & wizard are too slow & too weak respectively, & the pirate's parrot projectiles don't seem to do much damage. You'll notice, though, the nerd's books are the only projectiles that take out the slimes w/ one shot & don't split them up!

I think I'll get back into that game soon...!