IGNORED

Official Homebrew Releases [post 125] for HARDCORE Collectors only!

Rev

Yes, I stopped collecting for Intv like 10 years ago being at 100/125 or so and finalised my collection last year. Plus all of them homebrews too. Now I live under the bridge with my collection :)

It would be nice to see how you stored your Intellivision homebrews under the bridge :)

Updated post #54 at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241393-official-homebrew-releases-post-125-for-hardcore-collectors-only/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3365711 with your suggestions and made several other fixes/changes. File attached to post #54 includes changes.

Regarding LOL and RR. I think you mistake the LTO shell with the Activision shell.

The CGE version (or the first 20) of Christmas Carol have a clear shell.

KylJoy, please take note of what Intymike wrote (and sorry for the mistake)

Excellent job, KylJoy!!

Considering it's for hardcore collectors only, there's something that could be added/changed. Some need to be confirmed by the actual owners or by the programmers and/or producers, though.

- Christmas Carol (with bug; working well only on NTSC)

- Christmas Carol (with fixed bug, working well on NTSC and on PAL)

I confirm this. However, the full set of variants are at least three:

• Christmas Carol 2.29 - Contains critical bug that crashes upon start of Boss Level.
    • CGE 2012 Standard CIB
    • CGE 2012 Special Edition CIB (clear shell and autographed)
  • Christmas Carol 2.34 - Fixed critical bug, but includes a timing bug that crashes only on PAL systems. Added "build screen." Fixed other bugs: "Perfect Bonus" points "tick" sound effect did not work; "Game-Over" jingle broke sound effects at the end of "Practice Mode"; added sound effects to cut-scenes #5 and #7; and other minor ones.
    • Sent cart-only to replace CGE 2012 Standard
    • Sent cart-only to replace CGE 2012 Special Edition (clear shell)
    • Sold generally CIB
  • Christmas Carol 2.36 - Fixed PAL timing bug. Fixed also an easter egg that never triggered.
    • Sent cart-only to replace standard edition
    • Sold generally CIB

Any version after the original one (2.29) can be identified by pressing "00000000" from the Title Screen after the music starts. It will bring up a "Build Screen" with the version number and other production information. Version 2.29 can be identified by not having the "Build Screen" (and by crashing upon encountering the Boss Level).

I think LTO may be able to define which serial numbers have which version, but that's up to them.

Then there's the ROM versions... :P

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 2

Hmm... Those were sent in good faith so that people wouldn't have to be bothered with the expense and effort of returning the original broken game. They weren't intended to be exploited and sold at a profit. Oh well. To each his own I guess. :(

Hmm... Those were sent in good faith so that people wouldn't have to be bothered with the expense and effort of returning the original broken game. They weren't intended to be exploited and sold at a profit. Oh well. To each his own I guess. :(

No problem DZ if I do anything with it it would be to trade for something else I want and not for money or profit!

And on another note, I have a shrink-wrapped copy of the game that is serial numbered LTO 03-021. Is that the first non clear shell one, or is that #3 from the Expo?

I fear I traded my Expo #3 as part of a trade for Robot Rubble and League of Light. your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! Wolfy :)

No problem DZ if I do anything with it it would be to trade for something else I want and not for money or profit!

And on another note, I have a shrink-wrapped copy of the game that is serial numbered LTO 03-021. Is that the first non clear shell one, or is that #3 from the Expo?

I fear I traded my Expo #3 as part of a trade for Robot Rubble and League of Light. your help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! Wolfy :)

LTO 03-021 means "third LTO release, unit #21". Third release is "Christmas Carol" (after 4-Tris and Space Patrol). Unit #21 means that it is not one of the Special Editions with the clear shell. The Special Edition were only the first 20 units.

I wouldn't say it's the "first non-clear shell one." They were all built together and then serial-number stickers were put on the boxes arbitrarily. I think it's disingenuous to ascribe more value to those like that.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Thanks, dZ!!

Just for curiosity, how many special ROMs have you made?

There were two ROM editions that were released following versions 2.34 and 2.36. Then there are two special ROM versions that were released in limited capacity to the highest ranking players of the competitions. They are the same, but with Easter Eggs enabled. Note that the Easter Eggs are always available on the CIB game -- except for those pointed out as impaired by a bug.

So basically, the full release schedule is: (Legend: CIB, ROM)

• Christmas Carol 2.29 - Contains critical bug that crashes upon start of Boss Level.
    • CGE 2012 Standard CIB
    • CGE 2012 Special Edition CIB (clear shell and autographed)
  • Christmas Carol 2.34 - Fixed critical bug, but includes a timing bug that crashes only on PAL systems. Added "build screen." Fixed other bugs: "Perfect Bonus" points "tick" sound effect did not work; "Game-Over" jingle broke sound effects at the end of "Practice Mode"; added sound effects to cut-scenes #5 and #7; and other minor ones.
    • Sent cart-only to replace CGE 2012 Standard
    • Sent cart-only to replace CGE 2012 Special Edition (clear shell)
    • Sold generally CIB
  • Christmas Carol 2.35 - Same as 2.34 but with Easter Eggs disabled.
    • ROM Only edition
  • Christmas Carol 2.36 - Fixed PAL timing bug. Fixed also an easter egg that never triggered.
    • Sent cart-only to replace standard edition
    • Sold generally CIB
  • Christmas Carol 2.37 - Same as 2.36 but with Easter Eggs disabled
    • ROM Only edition - General release
  • Christmas Carol 2.38 - Same as 2.37 but with Easter Eggs enabled
    • ROM Only edition - Limited "Master Challenge" release
  • Christmas Carol 2.39 - Fixed a bug that was there all along, whereas the "Master Rank" marquee does not show up upon finishing the game on the highest difficulty rank. With Easter Eggs disabled.
    • ROM Only Edition - General release
  • Christmas Carol 2.40 - Same as 2.39 but with Easter Eggs enabled.
    • ROM Only edition - Limited "Master Challenge" release

And of course, the private carts and ROMs for the winners of the CvW Championship. However, those are personalized and not in circulation (or at least should not!) so they don't really count -- except to their respective ascribed owners.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

LTO 03-021 means "third LTO release, unit #21". Third release is "Christmas Carol" (after 4-Tris and Space Patrol). Unit #21 means that it is not one of the Special Editions with the clear shell. The Special Edition were only the first 20 units.

I wouldn't say it's the "first non-clear shell one." They were all built together and then serial-number stickers were put on the boxes arbitrarily. I think it's disingenuous to ascribe more value to those like that.

-dZ.

Thank you for the answer, I appreciate it. I am certainly going to keep my clear cart and my #21. Best to you, Wolfy

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... What does a Christmas Carol marked "LTO-03-121" mean?

Thanks in advance!

Every box of Christmas Carol is hand-crafted and delicately put together by the supple hands of nubile virgins off the coast of Malaysia. That makes them all special and extremely rare.

Yours particularly was built by a third-generation, twelve year-old Thai slave girl with one hand (03-12-1) named Mailee. She is one of the best, so I'm sure your edition can command a high price on eBay.

:lol:

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 4

Every box of Christmas Carol is hand-crafted and delicately put together by the supple hands of nubile virgins off the coast of Malaysia. That makes them all special and extremely rare.

Yours particularly was built by a third-generation, twelve year-old Thai slave girl with one hand (03-12-1) named Mailee. She is one of the best, so I'm sure your edition can command a high price on eBay.

:lol:

Ha!

Good to know... But, unfortunately for my wife, this is not an attempt at a money-making endeavor. I am a life-long Intellivision fanatic. I'm also just a wee bit OCD and am collecting too much data on my collection! It's the "meta" collection, of sorts, I guess...

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

65 games on list.

4-Tris [Original, Philly Classic]

4-Tris [intelligentvision]

4-Tris [LTO]

Adventures of Tron

BC's Quest for Tires

Blix

Blow Out

Boulder Dash

Brickout