IGNORED

High Score Competition (June: TI Invaders *DOWNRIGHT NASTY* 60Hz/NTSC)

arcadeshopper

Well, if you really want to change the game, I'll play ball. :)

Hm8W96R.png

Not a good score but it was my first attempt... I'll get better

Good first score. It's a very tough game for me even though I programmed it :P

And no I really did not want to switch games but it would have been pointless to continue. Shame on Imagic and TI for releasing an unfinished game and disappointing a bunch of guys 36+ years later!

• Like 1

First time playing - Took me a while to find all the controls and figure it out. I think I may need to plug in my joystick... Because I know the next score is going to be 10x mine...

EDIT:Sorry for the upside down. Computer does not reflect this orientation prior to upload. SCORE 2650

post-47352-0-77029400-1517679870_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Here is a new RPK for TurboForth.

Start the game with

mame64 ti99_4a -ioport peb -ioport:peb:slot2 32kmem -ioport:peb:slot8 hfdc -cart turboforth.rpk -flop1 JetPac.dsk

Leave away the 32kmem if you have the internal 32kmem mod active. If it is not active and you leave it away, you will get a permanent beep tone when entering TurboForth (presence of memory expansion is not checked).

(And you may be grateful for the floppy sounds after all, since it takes about one minute to load, and as long as you hear the floppy working, everything's good. :) )

turboforth.rpk

• Like 1

Just as simple as renaming the cart huh? Well that was easy and it worked :) Thanks!

Before the FinalGROM people were really good about tagging their files... now it seems that knowledge has been lost. ;) It kind of frustrates me because I worked hard to make Classic99 work with existing systems - the naming convention goes back to the original DOS V9T9 (with extensions for newer carts ;) ), and it's not like tagging the filename prevents the FG from loading it...

What about the issue with the dsk version and the TF included with the Classic99 distribution?

Mark will have to answer that, there's nothing wrong I could see from the emulator's side - the file seems to be fine. They are different versions, maybe JetPac relies on the newer one...?

Damn... That's going to be tough to beat... Did you get past U1?

What I noticed is that one should concentrate on avoiding the monsters while collecting the fuel and rocket pieces and only shooting when absolutely necessary because otherwise you get easily distracted. This is particularly important with the bouncing and seeker monsters.

I'm very sorry to be the bringer of bad news, especially after what happened with Demon Attack.

post-47352-0-62726800-1517706223_thumb.jpg

I can do this all night. After putting the U1 back together and fueling it up, I thought. What's the rush? Why do I have to leave? so I didn't.

I'm able to sit here safely on the first planet and never enter U1 causing a launch. I just sit here collecting air drops.

So the high score winner this month will be the marathon player who can sit in front of their computer for the longest amount of time simply collecting air drops.

My score is already up to 15075 with me standing on the middle platform, looking at a fallen air drop as I type this. I can go, pick up the joystick, collect that airdrop, return to my safe place and continue typing. Which I already did. I know have 15325 points.

I'll do this a bit longer and post another pic. I have 2 lives left because I missed drops that went to the floor. I've gotten better now.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 2

Yeah, that's fair! I got as far as I did by standing still and shooting meteors until they were all clustered at the top, then when I moved up, reversing the process. If they didn't die, they didn't respawn. I got to the third level and even with the bouncy fellows the strategy was still mostly working.

I thought the random drops eventually stopped, so I advanced, I was up to level 3. :)

• Like 1