IGNORED

Controllers

WeWantWaffles

Heya, just a quick question. The retrolink controller gets a bad rep so I imagine that controller isn't worth mentioning. So I kept browsing and found the hyperkin GN6. What's it like? I read generally positive things with minor gripes. If someone has one and tried them out, do they work out better than the standard worn-out controller? I'm also looking into replacing the rubber pads on my official controllers in the hopes that it will feel tight & responsive, though I honestly can't say I remember how these controllers felt when I first played the genesis; I was about 12-13 years old after all.

Thanks, x

Heya, just a quick question. The retrolink controller gets a bad rep so I imagine that controller isn't worth mentioning. So I kept browsing and found the hyperkin GN6. What's it like? I read generally positive things with minor gripes. If someone has one and tried them out, do they work out better than the standard worn-out controller? I'm also looking into replacing the rubber pads on my official controllers in the hopes that it will feel tight & responsive, though I honestly can't say I remember how these controllers felt when I first played the genesis; I was about 12-13 years old after all.

Thanks, x

The retrolink controllers are the same ones packed with the Chinese MD2 clones. They have very short cords, lousy D-pads that fall off, and no mode button. Think of them as extremely cheap knockoffs of the first 6 button controller. Only thing they are good for is using the pads in original 6 button controllers.

My favortite 6-button pad was the ProPad 6

Edited by zylon

That's great so far. I know about the propad 6, just kind of thinking the feel of a new controller may be nice. Currently the buttons on my official controllers are a bit loose and I managed to improve it slightly by cleaning, though it really needs a replacement kit. I can get the GN6 from europe, which is kind of a big deal since I won't have to expect to pay 20-40 euros at my doorstep for ordering out of the US.