IGNORED

NEW -- Applications Software boxes.

Omega-TI

Applications Software Boxes  

13 members have voted

1. 1. I'd be willing to buy some if the unit price could be kept to under $4.00 per box.

2. 2. If YES to question one, how many would you commit to buy if a run was made for the community?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Would anyone else be interested in some NEW (pristine condition) boxes for their current TI cartridge or tape software? Most of the boxes I've seen over the years have price stickers on them or they are mangled, yellowed, wrinkled or have other issues.

So, if it could be done, how many people would be willing to get on-board with a BOX BUY? Truthfully I have no clue what companies would be willing to do this sort of thing, or how much it would cost, but I'm wondering... did that game Tursi released last year on Atari Age come with a box? If so, who made it?

il_224xN.728221795_6boz.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. Chin came with a box (I have one). They are a bit thinner cardboard than the TI boxes, so care is required not to damage them. I do like the box though--it is so nice to have a modern, boxed TI product. :)

But it does not have the front cutout for the manual to show through unfortunately. I would really love to have true replicas of the original boxes.

Well so far I count a MINIMUM of 44 boxes, probably more. How many Mr. Chin's did Tursi sell 50? if so, it appears we're getting close to the magic number that had been accepted for a run before. The more we get, the lower the price might be. A large part of any run is setup time, so making the best of it is optimal. If this goes through, I'll probably buy a couple of extras just for future acquisitions.

Yea or Nay, please vote. Thanks!

So what kind of boxes are we talking about here? The generic TI ones with the cutout in the front?

What about the inserts for the boxes?

I'd be happy with either type of box. The ones without the cut have been replicated before, so I see that as a viable possibility.

On the inserts, I've honestly not given them any thought as the inserts still look good, it's the boxes themselves like look like... dung.

Vorticon,

I think he is considering boxes like the Mr. Chin box... Similar in size to the TI box, BUT without the cut out.

The problem with that approach is that you will end up with blank boxes with no artwork relating to the software inside. With the original design, it will be easy enough to create a manual to show through the box. My 2 cents.

• Like 2

With the original design, it will be easy enough to create a manual to show through the box. My 2 cents.

Very true and while I agree and would prefer that, making a box like that would require a specialty die to punch out each and every box. I'm afraid the unit cost would rise considerably, especially if we only did a run of 100 or so.

A few days ago I left a message to Collector Vision since they did the last release of a boxed TI game. I figured since the had obviously already sourced the boxes and had gotten them printed once... Anyway, I mentioned that I'd like to purchase 100 TI reproduction boxes if they were willing. I also requested a price quote. So far no response.

• Like 1

$_57.JPG

Maybe if TI had made boxes like Parker Brothers, we would not really have a need for new ones, these are incredibly sturdy and are built to last, you tend to find that there are quite a few Parker Brothers boxed games on Ebay for various platforms that are in great condition.

A testament to their simple yet tough construction.

• Like 1

The Moonbeam Software boxes were similarly sturdy. . .as were the huge color boxes that Scott Foresman initially used for their cartridges (during the period that they were only being sold to educational institutions, which is also why so few of those boxes/cartridges survive). They later switched to a standard-sized black cutout box, which are the only ones most people have seen. The later boxes were also sold outside of educational channels, which is why they are so much easier to find.

I'd like for a non so common and standard box, i am working on the Rasmus games boxes and i have another project in mind... the standard Classic TI Design style will be cheaper but not interest to me...

instead just for another example, is interesting to know that, the Exelvision had the idea to use the VHS boxes :) :

post-24673-0-75149400-1442069691_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-71354600-1442069813_thumb.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc