IGNORED

Game titles I like to see appearing on A8 hardware...

kiwilove

It's similar to Atari VCS Imagic's game Cosmic Ark first stage:

attachicon.gifcosmic_ark_pal.gif

Space Zap is sort of like the great grandfather to Plants vs Zombies.

As it would happen, I did Space Attack back in 1983. It was the first or second full game I ever did on Atari, and the first incorporating assembly routines within a Basic program.

I did the game based on the how to play guide alone from the book "How to master the video games". I don't think I've ever seen a real machine, maybe played it once or twice in Mame.

The version I did only has enemies coming at you, they don't shoot then disappear like the arcade.

space_attack_3.gif

The explosion of your ship sequence... heavily infuenced by a popular game of the time, no prize for guessing which one.

Download from Atarimania - http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-space-attack_27933.html

Interesting !!!!

Can anybody put this BAS file in an ATR image so I can try it ? :D

Humm... and what about this one from NES:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=URo5uIOWo3s

Lets say that is a simple Antic4 with some DLIs with each guy using nice coloured multicolored PMGs and having different playing possibilities:

-> OPTION - Pratice one sport (cannot entry on hi-scores):

Skate or Surf or The Two;

THEN

-> SELECT (can enter in hi-scores):

1Player all sports in all levels;

2Players/2joysticks same team cooperation (one plays skate and the other one in surf);

1 1 Players/2joysticks compete intercated in the two sports;

2 2Players (same as the previous one but two teams competition, each team with two players, one of team player on skate and the other player on surf);

O.K. I must confess that I've been doing this one chars/charsets more the levels map together with those 2guys in skate and the other 2guys in surf PMGs frames on the last days and I'm starting to like what I see.

If you guys show some interest I may try to convince someone that maybe I have in mind ;)...

This new thing to A8, is ideal for our type of machine and you can expect, for sure, my usual nice and coloured screen :grin:. So what do you think of this game?

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

O.K. here's a direct link to the video longplay because that other sent from my old mobile phone you had to copy&paste it to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URo5uIOWo3s

And it's also O.K. and I give up and show that screen with one guy PMGs and radomly placed 'just to show' example, but this is, of course, my first tries though I already have by now the skate level game(s) charsets and the guys 'way of' turn from NES sprites into A8 PMGs (but do not expect nothing running if I can't get anyone to code, as usual or most of the times ;) :grin:):

post-6517-0-70194300-1455614738_thumb.png

A nice and sunny day to all :).

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 5

Comments describe it as "one of the worst games I ever played" :)

Not having a go Jose :)

Keep up the work as always..

Hey but from what I see with all the guys frames and their moving, jump and avoid/catch things and A8 scrolling that I am thinking adding a nice water, cloud and boat parallax scrolling I am still thinking it can look good. And lets say that there aren't real skate and surf sports games on A8.

Is there anyone here that ever played this game?

Maybe it is a bad NES coding and with so many games they had was more difficult to all like.

Is more what it can be on A8 and not what it was on the other machine...

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

Much better comments here:

m.youtube.com/view_comment?v=tNDTdSGmYw8&gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google

And I still thinking that at least the skate is a real good 'always want one more go' and that is that guy opinion, seeing other videos of this game and comments and are many people saying that they played the game for hours on the past and even returned when they're older.

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

I know someone here on AtariAge who is an expert in smooth games.

Interestingly, the game could be done with simple charmode movement, just the ropes had to be build on the missiles... which would assure 6 colours everywhere on the screen. Then Roland could be done "the old style", using DLI changes on some players...

Oner thing I would like to see is a port of Rainbow Islands or Bubble Bobble.

I did a mockup of Rainbow Island using Super IRG, which I think catches all the rainbow colors accurately, without a whole lot of flickering in the graphics, even in PAL.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202803-anyone-ever-thought-in-ways-to-get-rainbow-islands-on-a8/?p=2600221

• Like 1

Oner thing I would like to see is a port of Rainbow Islands or Bubble Bobble.

I did a mockup of Rainbow Island using Super IRG, which I think catches all the rainbow colors accurately, without a whole lot of flickering in the graphics, even in PAL.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202803-anyone-ever-thought-in-ways-to-get-rainbow-islands-on-a8/?p=2600221

Flicker on PAL is a NO GO. There is actually one exception, if the screen-content is fluently changing, the flicker gets recognized as a side effect. Edited by emkay
  • Like 1

I'm not really a fan of ported games - unless that game is something special, and worth the effort.

I'd rather see someone trying to evolve a standard game format along it's evolutionary path, adding extras to make it more interesting.

While I am not really a games player these days, I am still very much interested in game design.

...Games are about constructing a new environment for the player to explore in different ways, and to be interactive within that environment. All games do this to a certain extent.

Agreed 100% :)

Something like this new C64 Civilization type game would be a great game for 2016!

• Like 2

O.K. here's a direct link to the video longplay because that other sent from my old mobile phone you had to copy&paste it to work:

And it's also O.K. and I give up and show that screen with one guy PMGs and radomly placed 'just to show' example, but this is, of course, my first tries though I already have by now the skate level game(s) charsets and the guys 'way of' turn from NES sprites into A8 PMGs (but do not expect nothing running if I can't get anyone to code, as usual or most of the times ;) :grin:):

attachicon.gif118339-town-country-surf-designs-wood-water-rage-nes-screenshot-yikes G2F Normal mode _2 G2F.png

A nice and sunny day to all :).

:thumbsup:

can you upload xex, please? or package of all yours game screens you did:)

• Like 1

Interestingly, the game could be done with simple charmode movement, just the ropes had to be build on the missiles... which would assure 6 colours everywhere on the screen. Then Roland could be done "the old style", using DLI changes on some players...

Hey emkay, don't be afraid, you are in my eyes a REAL expert; my comment was an inside joke, talking about someone else, exclusively known for smooth games ;)

Edited by ProWizard
  • Like 1

can you upload xex, please? or package of all yours game screens you did:)

I just did that screen to show and I am turning all level, skate one by now, all chars together (seems they are 2x2 chars tiles that can lately be put together in a game map program like the one Matosimi did or even the Windows Tiled that me and Xuel used for X:8 and also now me with Wanax for Platman.

The guys I have is all the original guys that if someone interested is a day or two to do them in G2F as PMGs (all guys are 16pixels wide in [2+2]Players multicolour and the 4Missiles are red in 5th Player mode.

I am waiting an answer to see if I can start this part or it isn't worth the time spend ;). Once and if I get a 'Yes' then is simple 2 or 3days from me :)...

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

This looks like fun if it is this game: <M.U.S.C.L.E. Youtube Vid.>

Yep! That's it! One of my favorite NES games for 2-Player when I was a kid. :D

I have all the screens and DLIs setup, additionally the PMG characters converted over.

I just need to get the game code in there and get the guys running and jumping around on the screen. :)

I'm also a fan of the little rubber figures of M.U.S.C.L.E. from back in the day.

musc2.jpg

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 1