IGNORED

Developer Desperatley Needs 1050 Floppy Drive

ziggystar

Hello all, I need a 1050 floppy drive to hook up to a 130xe so I can archive some really important old 8-bit disks. So it needs to be a perfedt working drive. Anyone have one they want to sell or trade for a Combat II 5200 Cartridge?

Hurry!

Also does anyone know how to build the SIO2P 1050 version so I can hook up the drive to a pc SERIAL PORT? I already ordered the Sio2pc cable AA has but its for hooking my 130xe to the pc.

Thanks

John

you only need 10502pc cable for making real atari disks out of .atr images and .pro images (which regular sio2PC cable&APE software can do), as long as you just use the PC to load the games you want to archive back into the XE, you don't need the 10502PC. You do need the drive to make the archives, but not the 10502PC cable.

On tomorrow's show...installing a 1050-compatable drive right into the PC :D

j/k

Anyway, there is supposed to be a method of reading the data directly from 5-1/4 floppies using a native PC drive...but I've never seen it work (I've tried it a couple times). The Dos on the floppy needs to be "true" double-density, and I understand that the data needs some conversion (Atascii to Ascii, for example).

I wholeheartedly recommend the stuff from Atari Max - the Prosystem is very good. Steve will tell you that u need if u mail him on the site - classics@atarimax.com

You can do everything you're talking about with a stock drive (any 8bit drive) and the Prosystem cable...

http://www.atarimax.com/ape/docs/DiskImage...eFAQ/index.html - tells you all about the features...

sTeVE