IGNORED

Question to Ebay sellers...what to do?

amiman99

So I got a PS2 game from Ebay, advertized as GOOD, with CASE and COVER ART, no manual.

Came in with generic DVD broken case, and PRINTED cover.

Not too happy, what should I do, complain or negative feedback so otheres will know??

If I complain, I may get refund, plus hussle to ship it back. I could ask for the original cover art, but pretty sure he does not have it (Ebay got them for like $5)

Thanks.

Damn.

Complain to the seller and I bet they'd be willing to give a partial or full refund.

As for the feedback... even if you get a refund, guess it's your call how big a deal it is. If you feel like punishing the seller for wasting your time or misrepresenting, etc. can always leave a neutral. Consensus seems to be to not leave negative feedback when refunded, but when are these shitty sellers going to learn? Too many time wasters out there. ;)

^ if someone admits and recognizes their fault and actually learns from the experience, not being a true scammer, then yeah. Getting back to reality now...

Happened to me the other day. An item was cosmetically damaged AFTER the photo was taken and obviously did not/could not have happened in transit. Guy still sent as if nothing was wrong, hoping I wouldn't notice. Did offer a partial refund after I complained, but still.

Returning is not a hassle so much anymore today. If you opened SNAD case because the item wasn't as described, the seller will be required to pay for return shipping. They can either provide their own shipping label or get eBay to provide one.

If you don't get a return label after some days (before the case auto-closes), call eBay and let them know the seller has failed to provide return label. eBay may force a label on seller's expense or issue you refund without returning it.

I really dislike seller who can't keep things straight. Claims nice label but never mentions it's not original (could be claimed as counterfeit label?). Claims tested 100% working but never works on 46 different consoles I have. Claims 100% complete but it's only a game in case. Claims it is for Nintendo, it only works on Sega.

I usually use neutral if the seller does respond and issues refund in timely manner. Negative if the seller drags their feet, avoids issues, or otherwise forces me to involve eBay to get refund.

I'd like to see a link to the auction.

If someone left me a negative w/out contacting me I'd be pissed. There is a possibility seller did not know cover was a reprint, not everyone cares as much about games as most of us here do. Most people just sell stuff for the $$. If I sold something I knew very little about and it contained something fake but I was unaware I would again be pissed if I didn't get chance to correct the situation.

I think what seller sells needs to be looked at and how he/she handles a compliant needs to be addressed before a negative is left.

You definitely need to message the seller. Don't be mean, just explain the situation and go from their reaction. If they ignore you and/or refuse to rectify things, open a case. Ebay will likely issue you a full refund without requiring the item to be returned.

As for why this happens, it's either ignorant sellers, or sellers counting on ignorant buyers. I have been asked more than once to write messages for family members who got ripped off and are getting the run-around from the seller, and want me to get them to give a refund. It's a keyword kinda thing... you tell a guy 'this dvd is bootleg, I want my money back', he may try to convince you it's an "international edition" so it's ok. You tell the same guy "this dvd was listed as the company x release, it isn't and therefore is not as described- please issue a refund", he just issues the refund. So, I guess basically sound like the terms & conditions page.

Just to point out, you need to contact the seller in order to be able to leave negative fb. If you don't try to resolve things and you just leave it, he can contact ebay and they will remove it because of lack of communication on the buyer's part. I've had 1, maybe 2 removed because the person didn't contact me.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Just to point out, you need to contact the seller in order to be able to leave negative fb. If you don't try to resolve things and you just leave it, he can contact ebay and they will remove it because of lack of communication on the buyer's part. I've had 1, maybe 2 removed because the person didn't contact me.

Phil

Interesting...

BTW, I got the cover so I'm fine.