IGNORED

2015 Holiday Demo Contest

Opry99er

I started populating the tapes today with the programs... Should be done with that by Monday. Monday night I should be able to get the inserts made, cut, and in place. Tuesday they should all be shrink wrapped and packaged... Hopefully have them all in the mail by Thursday.

There are only 9 green packages left if you want to pre-order.

I am not sure what shipping will be, but domestic, I cannot imagine it will be more than $5-$7 for the big packages and maybe $3-$4 for the basic tapes?? Internationally, I do not have any idea.

I want to make sure there is plenty of padding to avoid cassette case breakage.

Anyway, Monday I will be contacting those who pre-ordered and setting up the details on addresses and whatnot.

• Like 1

Yes. I have plans for that contest... I will explicate further when I get home tonight and can gather some info, do some calculations, and think for a bit.

The thing about doing small batch runs of fully packaged cassettes is up-front cost and time consumption. Im at about 50 hours in on this demo project so far... I will make back almost exactly what I spent if I can move all 50 tapes at $5 a piece. :)

Some of that cost was 'one-time' though, like my shrink wrapping equipment amd materials.

The time is what is most costly and valuable. By the time I get all the packaging done, all the recording done, printing of J Cards, cutting cards and certificates, shrink wrapping and preparing for shipment, I will likely have 80-90 hours into it. This is on a self-imposed deadline... Delivery by Christmas. :)

Anyway, it has been alot of fun, challenging, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time.

Such is our hobby. :)

The real joy will be running these demos on a TI sitting on the floor under my Christmas tree on Christmas day.

• Like 1

Yes. I have plans for that contest... I will explicate further when I get home tonight and can gather some info, do some calculations, and think for a bit.

The thing about doing small batch runs of fully packaged cassettes is up-front cost and time consumption. Im at about 50 hours in on this demo project so far... I will make back almost exactly what I spent if I can move all 50 tapes at $5 a piece. :)

Some of that cost was 'one-time' though, like my shrink wrapping equipment amd materials.

The time is what is most costly and valuable. By the time I get all the packaging done, all the recording done, printing of J Cards, cutting cards and certificates, shrink wrapping and preparing for shipment, I will likely have 80-90 hours into it. This is on a self-imposed deadline... Delivery by Christmas. :)

Anyway, it has been alot of fun, challenging, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time.

Such is our hobby. :)

The real joy will be running these demos on a TI sitting on the floor under my Christmas tree on Christmas day.

Owen, I don't think anyone here would mind paying extra for the tapes to compensate for your time and effort. Something to consider for the next run.

Oh, I am not complaining... Please don't misunderstand. :) ... Covering material costs is good enough this time around. I learned a whole lot and it prepared me to do it again for Jedi Gauntlet and whatever else may come. I did not intend on making money with this contest at all. Mainly I just wanted to cover costs and re-order tapes. :)

• Like 2

The contest is officially ended!!!

By a hair, "Traditional" by Tursi is the winner and WELL DESERVED!!!! When he posted this, I realized I had to step up my game. :) Brilliantly done.

Anyway, I will get the final graphics done tonight, get the printing for the card inserts done tomorrow, get them in with the tapes, shrink wrap, package, and should be ready to ship by Wednesday at the latest.

Too cool, guys. Congrats to Tursi, and congrats and huge thanks to you all for your excellent contributions to this demo contest!!

• Like 1

If your name is on the list for pre-orders, send me a PM with your address. I will send you PayPal info for shipping and whatnot. :)

***IN ADDITION***

If anyone who has ordered a green collector's package wishes also to order a black/clear version (to avoid unsealing the green tape) let me know that in your PM. I want to make sure everyone gets what they want, and before Christmas/Hanukah gets here. ;)

Tursi wins the contest, so his premium green demo package is complementary, including shipping.

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

The contest is officially ended!!!

By a hair, "Traditional" by Tursi is the winner and WELL DESERVED!!!! When he posted this, I realized I had to step up my game. :) Brilliantly done.

Anyway, I will get the final graphics done tonight, get the printing for the card inserts done tomorrow, get them in with the tapes, shrink wrap, package, and should be ready to ship by Wednesday at the latest.

Too cool, guys. Congrats to Tursi, and congrats and huge thanks to you all for your excellent contributions to this demo contest!!

Wow, I'm surprised! thank you very much everyone!

• Like 4

Thanks... The black on red font is not as clean as I would like... But it is what it is. This was Oprysoft's first official tape release, so live and learn LOL!

Anyway, still alot to do.

Remaining:

-Finish cutting and folding all J cards

-Shrink wrap all cassettes

-Place tapes and certificates into the packaging bags

-Ship ship ship!!

• Like 1

You guys are way too kind. :)

I really appreciate the kind words. It has been A-LOT of freakin' work as Willsy says. But when they are all finished and shrink wrapped, boy does that feel good!!!

BTW, there are still some cassettes available, if anyone wants one (or two).

• Like 1