IGNORED

Did I miss something?

Andromeda Stardust

Its strange but it looks like Sears is doing that Amazon type marketplace on their website. It looks like this ProSales company is a 3rd party that sets its own prices and shipping and policies and just pays Sears for the web space and name. You should read their reviews on that website when you click their name. I don't think I have seen so many 1 star reviews for one company.

• Like 2

Its strange but it looks like Sears is doing that Amazon type marketplace on their website. It looks like this ProSales company is a 3rd party that sets its own prices and shipping and policies and just pays Sears for the web space and name. You should read their reviews on that website when you click their name. I don't think I have seen so many 1 star reviews for one company.

I checked Proguide's stuff for sale. There's a ton of seemingly random assortment of items, and starting at the bottom of page 2, all with a list price of $909 or so. I don't think this seller does one bit of research before listing the items.

http://www.sears.com/search=?sellerId=38744&catalogId=12605&storeId=10153&pageNum=2

Also 7 negative reviews, zero % positive. This guy must be completely incompetent as a seller.

I think some non-honest dealers are seeing that 'retrogaming' is a thing now and are just trying to gouge unaware newcomers to the hobby. I've seen entries for 2600 Pacman hitting 100 dollars now as 'rare and vintage'... meanwhile my local game store has about 30 of them in stock for $1 each...

(And, yes, I'll be getting a batch or two to send to Albert for home-brewing purposes soon.)

• 2 weeks later...

Sellers like this are everywhere these days. Amazon, EBay, you name it. Apparently there are enough stupid people around and even if they don't sell much, they don't have huge costs. Amazon, etc. don't care as they get a cut through seller fees.... Why a company like Sears would throw away their century-old brand name is beyond me, but probably they don't want to be left behind in this brave new world of arbitrary pricing ;)

Edited by slx