IGNORED

Looking to upgrade my 5200 controllers, help?

goldenpp72

So I was directed towards Best and I now have the fund (I think) to do the overall upgrade, but based on the layout of the site and such i'm finding it confusing to understand exactly what my options are and the pricing. If i'm trying to swap out all the parts is there an option to just buy the controllers done by them, send mine in, or do I have to do the install myself? I can't seem to find any pricing on the specific aspects either, it's just a really challenging site to navigate and i'm not the most tech savvy guy so i'm not sure how difficult it is to do the parts replacement myself. Are there instructional videos that show the whole process?

Sorry for the rookie question, It's just a good bit of money to sink in and I don't want to mess up, thanks!

Yes. You can buy the whole refurbished gold plated controller. It is $47 to do it. You can send in your controller and have them do it for you for $41. And you can buy all the parts and do it yourself which is I believe $30. It's an old website that is primitive and is HTML plagued like something from the mid 90's. I've bought from Best and I highly reccommend the website.

Yes. You can buy the whole refurbished gold plated controller. It is $47 to do it. You can send in your controller and have them do it for you for $41. And you can buy all the parts and do it yourself which is I believe $30. It's an old website that is primitive and is HTML plagued like something from the mid 90's. I've bought from Best and I highly reccommend the website.

If I choose the 47 dollar option, do you know if they do a 100 percent refurb with all the parts they offer or just certain parts? I'd be super excited to finally play this thing as I have like 30 games and no sticks that work :/

I have two Atari 5200 controllers from Best with the refurbished gold flex circuitry and the gold silicone dots. It's the whole package. And trust me it is amazing!! Had them for over two years and they play amazing from button to button. And when they say "It will last you a lifetime". It is guaranteed. You get your money's worth out of the deal and you will never need to replace them. I highly suggest calling them to place your order than shooting them an email. Bradley runs everything at Best and it will take you a while to hear back from him.

Theres a guy out in california that sells thru ebay gold plated refurbished atari 5200 controllers!they are awesome and work perfectly.of course it will cost you 70.00 a piece.

Sounds like he's buying the gold kit and then providing the service with a mark-up much higher than Best's.