IGNORED

Letter from Atari/Nintendo/Stuff I didn’t know

ussexplorer

After scanning though Atari Age again. I noticed some scanned letters from Atari. I was wondering who else wrote Atari and received letters.

Atari:

During my Atari collecting I decided to type a letter to Atari asking them what items / carts they had left for the 2600. Sure enough, I received a letter listing the remaining items available for the 2600 system.

Nintendo:

I submitted a few game ideas to Nintendo and received the standard rejection letter. Thanks to the Internet I was able to track a few others down with the basic generic letter explaining how they have in house developers to take care of game ideas and development.

Other:

I thought I would let people know that I didn’t realize the 2600 games would play on the Atari VCS system. This was quickly solved when I found my first label 2600 cart at a yard sale and plugged it into the VCS system. I also didn’t realize the Sega Genesis was a 16 bit system compared to the 8 bit Nes. So for along time, I thought Genesis was over priced. I didn’t realize how big Sega was until taking a trip to Toys R Us in a town 100 miles away. Most of the stores in the area had 90% Nintendo stuff. So imagine trying to find Sega, Atari, and 3do stuff among other things. If it were not for Sears, 2600jr & 7800 would have been completely missed. I didn’t even know the 5200 existed until it was introduced via a friend. The same goes for the Sega Master System.

Thanks,

Josh

Archived