IGNORED

Sega - 7800 Controller Adapter From Best Question (Light Gun)

bretthorror

Can anyone confirm that the Sega adapter from Best works with the Sega Master System Light Phaser to use with light gun games on the 7800? One the website it says Sega Genesis adapter, so I don't know. But if this does work (to reiterate, will the one from Best work, not one in general), I'd rather use my SMS light gun and have a Sega to 7800 adapter to play 7800 stuff with a d-pad, plus then I don't have to buy a second controller if anyone else ever plays with me (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's never happening). Plus, this way I don't have a SMS and 7800 light gun to replace down the road.

Just wondering before I start buying some light gun games. Thanks in advance.

I think it only works on controllers, not light guns.

If you contact them, they should give you an answer.

I can't remember what it does.

For some reason, i don't think it even allows you to use 2 buttons on 7800 games.

Wow... so it does... nothing? Haha. I would prefer to use my phaser... but maybe I should just buy the Best gun.

Wow... so it does... nothing? Haha. I would prefer to use my phaser... but maybe I should just buy the Best gun.

Yeah,, I wish I could remember what their response was because I was planning on getting it if it worked with 2 button 7800 games/

(thankfully, later I got the wonderful Edladdin Seagull 78 adapter that does that)

In the end, I bought their Light Gun and Europad.

Would be a great project to start with, it is pretty much just soldering a few wires to two connectors, with the inverter in the middle to invert the trigger from the gun. ;)

I'd end up soldering my ballsac to one of the wires. You volunteering to come and unsolder my ballsac when I mess up? :P

Actually, a soldering gun would cost more than a Best gun! I've just heard their gun is light and pansy-ish, so I'd rather use the Phaser, the real reason behind the thread. :)

Edited by bretthorror

I'd end up soldering my ballsac to one of the wires. You volunteering to come and unsolder my ballsac when I mess up? :P

Actually, a soldering gun would cost more than a Best gun! I've just heard their gun is light and pansy-ish, so I'd rather use the Phaser, the real reason behind the thread. :)

I have all 3, the Best gun is the "best". :P

You can use a soldering iron for many more things in the future. And if you actually manage to solder something to your sack, I would fly out and help you, just so I can document it.

• Like 1

I have all 3, the Best gun is the "best". :P

You can use a soldering iron for many more things in the future. And if you actually manage to solder something to your sack, I would fly out and help you, just so I can document it.

I'd let them document it as you delicately looked up into my eyes and told me it'd be ok,that'd we'd be friends forever, and we'd go out to dinner afterwards.

But I'd really like to use the Phaser. :(